Aftermarket steering wheel, yes or no

EmZvr

What steering wheel to choose ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What steering wheel to choose ?

• Aftermarket steering wheel (no airbag)
    • OEM airbag steering wheel

Can't decide what to do, so I decided to use the option on the forum for the first time - poll :D

Advantages of the aftermarket one:

Better for handling, quicker response, more leg room

Advantages of the OEM one:

More protection - Airbag

I know my best bet is the ITR Momo wheel but I can't give that kind of money for a steering wheel. So is it right to give up from the best protection in the car that can save my life to buy an aftermarket steering wheel ? :?

I'm in the old school train of thought on this one- if you remove the airbag you really want to have a proper harness and that makes daily driving a pain. In the UK removing airbags can cause a serious insurance headache, not sure what it's like where you are?

The MB6 wheel is fairly decent (although as large as the one you have). The speed of the rack makes it hard to get go-kart like handling out of an M.

Fitting an aftermarket wheel that's smaller will mean you have to turn it more to get the same motion as the OEM wheel.

I want an ITR momo myself, thought an ATR one would fit but how wrong I was! :lol:

Fitting an aftermarket wheel that's smaller will mean you have to turn it more to get the same motion as the OEM wheel.

I want an ITR momo myself, thought an ATR one would fit but how wrong I was! :lol:

Oops I meant ATR. I always thought that those aftermarket smaller wheels are better for handling :? I haven't driven a car with one but if I need to turn it more that means I will be almost like driving a truck :D MB3 steering rack is even worse than MB6..

About MOT, our "MOT" here is a joke. I'll give you an example - VAZ-2101 (Russian car) from 1972 with no handbrake and only front left brakes work passes MOT... WACK11111

Type R momo with air bag safety over style my friend plus i think alot of the after market ones look like summot thats rolled out of Halfords if im honest not a fan.

was told by my mot guy if airbag fitted must have one to pass ect a law to be coming soon :evil:

do like the smaller "R" ones 8-)

Yes I think it may already be in effect! WACK11111

Integra Type R SRS wheel is the only way I think you can have the best of both worlds, a better looking wheel and keeping the government happy!

was told by my mot guy if airbag fitted must have one to pass ect a law to be coming soon :evil:

do like the smaller "R" ones 8-)

Yes I think it may already be in effect! WACK11111

Integra Type R SRS wheel is the only way I think you can have the best of both worlds, a better looking wheel and keeping the government happy!

Sure it is. Bulgaria obviously a bit less safety conscious though. :?

Doesn't EK9 wheel fit. :?::idea:

• 3 weeks later...