head unit upgrade

650rob

Hiya folks.

Just a quick disclaimer I know diddly squat about radios and head units etc, so could do with some advice on a nice upgrade for around £80 tops and it would be easier to me if I can use Halfords as then there will be no paper trail for her to follow :mrgreen:

My deck is currently running the Pioneer DEH-2130R head unit, with a Kenwood KPC-wda69rc Bass system. I'm after upgrading the head unit so I can play mp3's by usb and maybe stream a few via bluetooth too.

The one within my price range is this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65474#tab1

Yes I do plan on using Halfrauds. Unless someone can recommend a place near Edinburgh? Is this worth the money? Will this be a straight swap? I've not taken the Pioneer out yet (I don't have the keys - hopefully some kind, charitable, civic5 user that lives near me can lend me them :D)

Cheers

Rob

I don't recommend you Sony. I heard many people saying that their sound improved a lot when going from Sony to Pioneer or Alpine. Can't point a model though but my advice is stay away from Sony.

I don't recommend you Sony. I heard many people saying that their sound improved a lot when going from Sony to Pioneer or Alpine. Can't point a model though but my advice is stay away from Sony.

X2 I've always had pioneer there the best! ;)

Nothing wrong with Sony, I've always had Pioneer, Kenwood or Sony and they're all good, I hadn't had a Sony for a long time and have recently upgraded from Kenwood to a Sony with an ipod tray, because the USB port failed and the difference was amazing, Sony is so much better; clearer, louder and with more control also cost less than the Kenny 2 1/2 years ago, £85 from Car Audio Security via Amazon £20 cheaper than CAS sell it on their own site. :)

You get the quality you pay for whatever make you go for. Some are better than others at the same price range. We all have different opinions. My Sony xplod is a few years old now but it sounds great, never used cd because its usb and has pod connection. Go halfords you can test it katie then maybe search net for a better price. (halfords are robbers) :D:D

It's not that Sony is bad. JVC, LG, Philips also aren't bad but they are not the best thing you can buy. The average user will be happy with all brands but we should buy the best one for our money :)

Here's a little comparison between Sony and Pioneer for similar models with USB and same price tag:

Sony CDX-GT560UE

Magnitola-Avtozvuk_258142_AZ-04-2012_P032-002.jpg

Frequency response (20 Hz/20 kHz), dB -2.2 / -0.9

S / N ratio, 91.5 dBA

Crosstalk (1 kHz) 100 dB

Vibration, mm 210

The level of the linear output, 1.93

Power Output RMS (THD = 1%) 18.1

Pioneer DEH-3400UB

Magnitola-Avtozvuk_258148_AZ-04-2012_P033-002.jpg

Frequency response (20 Hz/20 kHz), dB -0.6 / -0.5

S / N ratio, 98.5 dBA