Need new Sprints, Eibach, Jamex???

Ralston

hickster & Krzys def dont mind shelling out for the Eibach but everyone who has fitted them state that they exactly the same as the H&R springs, i.e. drop the front of the car way way too low, which is not what I want at all!

I have Eibach with mgzs and they are perfectly level.

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

I think Dr Broon has Eibachs with Koni yellows.

DSC_0572-1.jpg

Car looks stunning by the way. :D

yup... that's the combo...

rather low at the front, but tip-top handling :)

with the eibachs i think that being able to adjust the koni shocks is great to stop the bounce, but when you get it set right, the progressive spring rate means that it's not too bad to live with... firm but fair :lol:

this is how the front used to look (before I got some spacers to raise it up a bit):

Befor.jpg

Thanks guy, def want eibach for the progressive spring rate but worried about the front.... where can I get spacers for the front shocks from then? Also I think the Koni Srt.T shocks are set to Koni Yellows on 25% stiffness as standard.... Dr.Broon do you think this will be ok for the Eibachs??

NIKH25 your ride height is perfect, exactly what I want, sensible but still handles well! Wish I brought MGZS shocks and eibachs now..... hope putting eibach on Koni Srt.Ts will be ok! Was so p**sed off after fitting the original Koni set, and then fitting the custom springs was pretty soft so never been totally happy with the handles, I can feel that the Koni shocks are a good dampness, but the springs are definitely too soft! NIKH25 so do you get alot of bounce with the Eibachs??

I've got my rear shocks set to the softest they will go, and fronts are roughly 60 percent (from memory) I have had it set higher at the rear but it made it understeer more. had the fronts harder and it made it turn in like a demon, but bangs over bumps / potholes.

have had the fronts softer (when the missus was preggers) and it did bounce a little, but not bad really - no where near as bad as with standard shocks - that was dangerous :shock:

now i'd say that it bumps rather than bounces, if that makes sense?

I bought the spacers off a guy on here who'd had them made for his car when he had the same combo (S88 HON) - they're machined from aluminium and sit between the ring that sets the position for the spring cup and the cup itself.

:)

Thanks guy, def want eibach for the progressive spring rate but worried about the front.... where can I get spacers for the front shocks from then? Also I think the Koni Srt.T shocks are set to Koni Yellows on 25% stiffness as standard.... Dr.Broon do you think this will be ok for the Eibachs??

NIKH25 your ride height is perfect, exactly what I want, sensible but still handles well! Wish I brought MGZS shocks and eibachs now..... hope putting eibach on Koni Srt.Ts will be ok! Was so pee pee off after fitting the original Koni set, and then fitting the custom springs was pretty soft so never been totally happy with the handles, I can feel that the Koni shocks are a good dampness, but the springs are definitely too soft! NIKH25 so do you get alot of bounce with the Eibachs??

The only thing you can really do is try them and see if they work, the only other person I know who had the Koni str.ts is James and he was quite happy with the way it sat, I actually got as far as ordering a set but Larkspeed phoned me back and said that the springs supplied were the wrong rate which had been confirmed by Koni who were supposedly withdrawing them, this was over 18months ago. :?

I find mine is a bit low sometimes, especially as it's a daily driver. They are not bouncy but can be quite hard although I have found improvement since changing to the 16" wheels. :)

• 2 weeks later...