Ralston's VTi-S

Ralston

Hi all,

Was meant to get round to doing a project thread when I first brought the car, however still have not managed to achieve this, so today I thought I would try and write up everything I've done to before I forget!

First off I brought the car around 2 1/2 / 3 years ago with 56,000 miles, FHSH, and a lady owner, 2000 V plate it was mint!

I have definitely forgotten a few things and also maybe put a few of the mods in the wrong order, trying to remember 2-3 years isnt very easy! haha

The earliest picture I have of the car is after the first thing I changed on it, removing the old DOHC Vtec stickers and replacing with new white ones on the sill as I reckon they look way better there!

DSC00372.jpg

And this is the car now;

C51.jpg

So how the transformation took place....... a very long story! haha

After a few months of ownership the standard discs were not up to the job, so replaced the fronts with EBC Turbo groove discs, and greenstuff pads all round, I would recommend this to anyone, transformed the braking of the car especially once everything had heated up to a good temperature!

Next on the hitlist was the front grill, from the standard front grill I changed it to this mesh version which I purchased of ebay;

BeforeKoniKitonStandardSpringsShocksF.jpg

Which I later purchased a red honda badge for as I thought that the front of the car looked a little empty!

DSC00380.jpg

After this it was time to sort out the suspension of the car, so after a lot of hunting around and reading bla bla bla purchased the Koni Str.T kit, when opening the box was very very impressed, after fitting not impressed at all. As many of people write on here it dropped the car way to much on the front (Before and After pics).

Before

BeforeKoniKitonStandardSpringsShocksF-1.jpg

BeforeKoniKitonStandardSpringsShocksR.jpg

And then after.....

AfterFittingFrontView.jpg

DriverSideViewAfterFitting-noticeunevenstanceofcar2.jpg

After a serious amount of hassle including taking measurements of the wheels etc I managed to get Koni to admit that they supplied the wrong springs with the car!!! As if it was meant to be that low they would have said, lowers rear 30 and front 60! Cutting a very long story short they then sent me some custom springs, don' t know where from etc.

FrontPassengerSideMeasurement.jpg

And after fitting these springs it gave the perfect ride height in my opinion!

30112010053.jpg

Also after reading the forums I purchased a rear anti roll bar of a MG ZS180 for about £30, and they got some poly bushes to go with it at the sametime, and to be honest did not notice much difference from the roll bar!

I then had the front splitter resprayed as it was in a terrible way and got the rear number plate surround decromed at the sametime, this was the results..... (Sorry there is a bit of a gap with pictures!)

The next thing to change on the car was the wheels, I absolutely love the 98 spec wheels so set about trying to get them on the car.... which is a no go as the hubs are different! :cry: But luckily Sprint Wheels make replicas that fit the stud pattern on the MB6's so I was in luck, was a tough choice, almost ended up with black with a red rim, but thought standard championship white would look way better!

A week before changing the wheels the exhaust decided it had had enough of life so needed a new one. I searched relentlessly for a new one, all the off the shelves one I found had massive cherry bomb tailpipes which I did not want sticking of the rear of my car, so opted for a custom made powerflow exhaust (best decision ever)..... Think I paid around £260 for a cat back system, comes with a lifetime guarantee and got a middle muffler put in to ensure that it is always the engine I hear over the exhaust sound!

Also fitted some clear indicators for a Rover to get rid of the horrible standard orange ones! The emptiness of the front end also didn't make me happy anymore so choose to do a custom grill of my own! Basically sanded the hell of the original one, manually! and the then primed, painted in matt black with a red Honda 'H' to make it something different, I loved the results of that!

Both of the front fog lights were also replaced as these commonly break on MB6s.... mine came with one broken one and the other soon followed! Honda wanted around £90 each, but managed to source a couple second hand for around £100 in total, made the front end look so much better!

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

Forgot to mention at the start one of the first things was a K&N panel filter... I installed this in the OEM box then customised the box with a cold air feed as this ensures that minimal warm air gets into the engine and is relatively cheap, but still has a cracking induction note!

On the inside of the car I changed the gaitor and nob to an ebay special suede one with red stiching, looks the dogs in the car!

IMAG0178.jpg

I then set about improving the sound system...... Alpine headunit, alpine amp, focal front components and focal 6x9s all hidden completely so looks completely standard and sounds bloody amazing!

I wanted red brakes on the car aswell, however wanted something different...... managed to get some honda high temp decals made up to give an OEM racing look, have a look.....

IMAG0224.jpg

After returning from holiday found this all of over my car, keyed to F**K! Devastated didn't even cover it!

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

If I had p**sed someone off recently I would at least who it probably was, but hadn't p**sed anyone off so imagine was some drunken idiots!

Some of you may appreciate this, once in a lifetime for her:

IMAG0470.jpg

Recently I have had the bonet sprayed and re did the front grill so it looks mint again! In the next section I will post the photos I took the other day in front of some graffiti.