project E36 sideways

VTISmichael

I bet there's loads to come out of the doors like sound proofing etc! Heavy cars! Wow that spark plug has seen better days!

Full service and flush with cheap oil would hopefully sort it though! :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its pretty bad news, it failed on tyres were on the wrong side(due to retard last owner) and the rears are bald on the inside, lights failed and a couple of little things which are all fixable but completely failed on emissions, pretty much comfirmed my worst fear that the rings have gone so im a bit angry and sad as i dont what to do now,

i can spend more and fix it i.e new rings, bearings and gasket set which will cost £300ish or.. put another engine in like a v8 from a 5 series or.. try and re-sell..

well ive seen a 2.8 that could be good, the v8's cost arounf £400 which isnt bad but alot of work envoled and maybe for another year, if i get hold of this engine i now have a garage i can do it in which is a massive help :)

well the thing is it worth it, the parts alone just to do the engine are what i bought it for, its going to be a big decesion weather to keep it or not, me and a mate are going to look at it and decided what to do before i go throwing money at and it all be for nothing like i have done in the past.

Well if i get rid of it im temped by a bmw 540i, they got a 4.4 v8 :D or what i really want is a v8 toyota soarer but the hard work in that is the manual conversion.