Car won't start **URGENT**

djbaybeeraver23

Hi guys, not sure If this is the right section but am well and truly lost right now.

Okay so I returned from a 2 week vacation, started the car was a tad lumpy but started, let it run for 15-20 mins, loaded the car for my errands, pulled off fine, got to the end of the road, and bang its died, have tried jump and bump starting, bought a new battery, still didn't start, tried bumping and jumping again still nothing, fuel pump primes like it should but just won't fire.

Told it could be the dizzy, so went to take it off and bang bottom bolt seized and sheared off in the socket, looked a tad dirty so filed it to get good contact and it still won't fire up, got the mot due at 8:30am and can't get it started for it, I also tried taking each lead out to see If it sparks, nothing so could this be the problem, if so is it a whole new dizzy box etc? And how much am I looking for this as money's tight because I just got back from holiday.

Please please please help as its getting me down and getting me vexed!

still nothing, after looking through the links, seems it might be the dizzy, am waiting for someone to check through diag port and see if it the fault.. found a whole new unit from fleabay for £110.. worth it?. had a price from john banks at £500+.. once i have the diag check will be able to see whats causing the problem and get it sorted.. however with the car not being able to start its trying to find someone to come look at it.. :/

okay so i got a dizzy, however they sent me TD44U - now they say this would fit.. however the plugs are COMPLETLEY different!..

mine has a big chunky square plug and this one has two..

they say they are the same and will fit.. can someone confirm this?. and if so.. how as i think the port is OBD1 and might be the new one is OBD2?. from what i seen on a forum someone else was trying to figure out what dizzy this one is D3179 as stamped on the back of the dizzy (old one)

havent much time to get sorted and have to sit and wait for the refund.. unless there ids a way that this will fit and WORK that wont take hours to correct.. what about cuttting the plugs and wiring the other plug/harness onto it - matching the wires?. would that work?

can someone please help me identify the RIGHT whole DIZZY unit.

so far i have found TD-68U and TD-44U - after i purchased 68U and they sent the 44u - i was told they would fit as above, but they really wont as they are two different ports..- but the more i read it turns out i have an Acura GSR/ Honda distributor under the code of TD-81U - now i can get this from amazon - but please can someone confirm what TD-XX code i need to purcase and bolt in form the cam side.. i have to replace the WHOLE unit due to the bottom bolt seizing and snapping off inside the unit so its best to just replace the whole thing. i enclose a link of the item on Amazon to confirm if i am right in thinking this is the right unit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TD81U-30100P2T004-Integra-Ignition-Distributor/dp/B004IYNPNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347465965&sr=8-1 <-- should be the right one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-INTEGRA-R-1-6-1-8-TD44U-TD68U-DISTRIBUTOR-/160491252012 <--n the wrong unit (44U is the same socket as in the picture)

but after major headaches with a 2nd hand unit - i am having to wait now for BOTH refunds to be credited to me before i can purchase another one! but i am now down on the MOT as this expired yesterday.. can someone please help me identify this properly -

the dizzys are the same just some have one plug and some have two.

if you got the wrong one you can solder old plug to new dizzy as i have done this.

if you compare one plug to the two, they are same lay out, so just cut and solder. the dizzy i am running now i did this way and it works fine.