windscreen - heated.

jasons

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name added to list.

company who will make is ricky evans motorsport.

we need a minimum order of 10 to get this going, just need a few more names to get this off the ground.

These are perfect for track or race cars with no heater/fans/aircon.

But equally as good for any standard road car.

If you have never had (probably the only?) the pleasure of a ford heated windscreen (or others) on an icy day, and being able to drive away with a clear screen inside a minute or two - rather than waiting 5-10 minutes - then you have no idea how great these things really are.

negligible difference in cost between stock and these heated screens, they are a great move forward.

people spend more money on stereo's than this, I can't believe more people aren't interested?!?!?

this would be the first civic 5 with a heated screen ever?

i could do with a new screen anyway, so could well be interested if people are going for it.

hate waiting for the windscreen to demist on cold mornings.

interested enough to put your name down? (if so, we are not far off the 10 needed)

I'm looking into having a heated screen for mine (no brainer really, I don't even have a heater matrix in my car lol) so I am defo up for this. I've been looking around the net and found a few companies that do them, none willing to help. :( I then found someone saying "I've had a call about this, speak to Jason", which I've now done and guess where I end up :D

Jason - please +1 me to your list as we spoke about on the phone :D:D:D

Come on guys, must be a few more out there looking for this? Especially those with AC delete? I'm quite happy to work out all the wiring and do a guide for those worried about that side of it. Given that if you have deleted the AC then you'll have a spare power feed available from the fuse box 8-)

you could just make up the harness for us :D:D think if i was left to do it id have serious problems blowupsmiley.gif:lol:

if there was a plug and play harness you would have my money already jason ;)

lets not let the wiring be the stumbling block here.

Out of the 10 people needed for screens, more than half will need help with wiring.

The MG ZS and civic 5 is pretty similar even in wiring.

Without a doubt, there will be help with wiring and likely a kit can be put together so a competent person could fit it.

you could just make up the harness for us :D:D think if i was left to do it id have serious problems blowupsmiley.gif:lol:

if there was a plug and play harness you would have my money already jason ;)

I can design it, I can even cost the relays and mounts etc. if that's an issue for people to find the parts. Give me a few hours and I'll draw it up but the link Jason has placed on here gives the basics of it.

Okay all the bits to wire it up, using the original rear heated screen switch as the trigger (so both come on together) will come to a staggering £17.50 delivered!!

That would include 2 relays and mounts, fuses and 25A cable. Wiring diagram would be as the one Jason already posted, doubled up to handle the 2 heating elements in the screen. If you've done an AC delete then power can come from the AC fused line under the bonnet for ease.

if i take the car to an auto tech would the screen need to be fitted before....????? the above post sounds good but i know nowt about wiring and the diagram that was posted looks good but it looks like every other wiring diagram ive seen...... as you can tell wiring isnt my strong point :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:

if i take the car to an auto tech would the screen need to be fitted before....????? the above post sounds good but i know nowt about wiring and the diagram that was posted looks good but it looks like every other wiring diagram ive seen...... as you can tell wiring isnt my strong point :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:

To make a harness before the screen goes in you would need to know where the terminals would end up (safe guess is at the bottom middle of the screen). Honestly it's not that bad to do, but to do it properly I would take the dash out to get the wiring in. Luckily I've already done that to mine :lol:

If we get enough people committed for Jason to place the order then I will do a "how to" on the harness build how's that?