Changing Wheel Size - Aerodeck VTi 15" - 17"

comedywizard

Hi there, sorry if this has been done 100's of times but was just wanting to know peoples opinions who have done this.

I dont usually mess around with changing wheels but I've found a really nice looking set of 17" Honda alloys for sale which I think are really nice (think they're Prelude). Obviously I know that I'd need to get lower profile tyres and from what I've worked out 205-40-17 would be the closest match to my original 195-55-15 so not to upset speedo reading etc.... My car is a daily driver, commuting, family taxi most of the time.

Would I have any problems fitting these in terms of being wider and lower profile? Just want to make sure that 205 section wouldnt cause any issues rubbing and that handling would still be compliant, obviously dont want any safety concerns with family on board.

Thanks in advance for your views / comments.

Kind Regards, Dave

Thanks for the reply, thats great news, at least if I go for that option I know I'm safe in terms of fitment etc...

Congrats on the car of the month, the photo looks great.

Yeah I may be interested in the ones you have, if you could send me some more info then I can compare to the other one's I've seen.

I've been having trouble deciding since my originals needs a refurb as my car is Cascade Green or 'mint' as it seems to be known on here, so trying to decide on wheel style & colour to suit the car.

Thanks

I found when i had 17's on mine it handled slightly better due to the profile of the tyre and the sidewalls didnt flex as much. I would say now though that its a nicer ride due to the bigger profile im now running 15s again.

Thanks for the replys, useful info.

Also nice to see another one in that colour, not many about!

I also have the MG suspension setup but not fitted it yet (missing the rear arb 'L' brackets) but have the springs & shocks complete.

This time of year tho cant see me doing much (cold & wet) especially in South Wales! and with young baby really dont have the time to do it, but would love to get it done as I know people highly rate the improvements once fitted.

Had an hour to myself this afternoon so managed to fit K&N panel filter, Iridium plugs and nice Blue 10mm Formula Power ignition leads.

Hopefully these should see her running nice and smooth and a bit more efficient, especially with winter on its way.

Keep you updated and will try to upload photo of the car.