A Pillar interior leak....(and wee boot leak)...

burbleboy

Hi fellow enthusiasts!

After succesfully sorting my window problem (which was an emergency fix), i'm now turning my attention to the water leak at both a pillars on my mb6.

I have blown an air line down both sunroof tubes (tube on both corners when open sunroof) that runs all the way down the a pillar and it was clear. I have also black siliconed the windscreen at the top corners incase water getting up and under that. Also siliconed the roof rail where it joined windscreen rubber on each corner, however;

It does not drip inside or get wetter when driving, only when car parked somewhere. That would surely indicate to the sunroof itself?

Other threads say to take interior trim apart and look there...why? The sunroof drains are visable when you open sunroof and clear them out from the top. Are they prone to split half way down? Are there other drain pipes?

Also got slight boot leak as well! Water gathering in wheel well and appears to be coming in from the middle at side, water gathering on upper boot level at quarter panels. Not tail lamps leaking as no water mark.

Do i need a new boot seal then as boot seal is holed slightly at bottom lock area?

If any of you have had similar problems and sorted them then can you please share?

Regards

Alastair

• 4 weeks later...

Alastair.. very posh i must say :D ... i ripped the boot seal towards the bumper to allow any trapped water to flow out rather than in. youll see the result just after a rainy day as the leftover spills of water are left dripping down the bumpers. right where the taillights are...

as for the front.. well.. i practically siliconed the entire left of the car around that area... the only thing i can think is the water is washed in as the wheels spin. only saying this because i had to repair/weld a plate on the drivers side underfloor pan as this area was rusted. passenger due for this summer too,,, and then you think :?: does it only happen when its parked :idea::?::|

• 1 month later...

hmm this trhead is old but i still wanna know if anyone sorted this as i have two patches of mould growing in the car eitherside of the windscreen at the top but the other day noticed that they are pretty damp and havent looked into it further yet, did this ever get resolved?