Mb6 Vti from crawley

Bradnam MB6

I was told i should wrap the mani. Whats the deal with that? I had my car on a power run today as i was interested to see where the power sat before i did any further modifications. It came out at 162.3bhp and 125ft.lb torque! Ive been told to check the valve adjustments as they may need doing and then they will run it again. Heres the print out

20121214_160132.jpg

A little bit disheartened by the bhp but she is a 14year old car so have to expect some horses to escape over the years i guess!

That's not a bad figure am sure you will see a little increase of your tappets need doing.

Cooler engine bay temps which help towards lowered intake temps

More heat contained in the manifold, hotter gasses travel faster so increased velocity should help at higher revs

If you wrap the WHOLE manifold then you reduce heat transfer between the manifold and sump reducing oil temps

Just make sure you use decent heatwrap though to make it worthwhile.... Cheaper fibreglass stuff will deteriorate and isn't that efficient

Fogs look 8-)

As said it's well worth wrapping the manifold, I just wrapped the lower half of mine to keep the shiny on display but reduce the heat to the sump. :)

ITR air box is rated to be the best for performance, either run open or with a K&N panel, whale p***s is best for noise but bear in mind any short ram intake will be open to heat soak, long arms are better for that but you have to watch for deep puddles.

A K&N panel in the standard air box is a good compromise, I have this set up, with the resonator box out which gives a decent bit of extra growl and seems more responsive too.

If you run a cold air feed pipe to it also that will help and don't worry about the dyno mine ran 161 earlier this year so a loss of 8bhp over 13 years isn't too bad.

Don't forget to reset the ECU. :D