Tools

AJM23

Hey guys. I've got an MB3 with a 1.5 engine in it that needs some work. I'm changing the head gasket, alternator and radiator - probably an oil change too. I've got no tools right now since it's the first time I've worked on my car like this (Good complaint to have I guess!) I was just wandering what a good list of tools to buy would be since I'm ordering the parts online. Where I live I have only one option for buying locally, and the last ratchet I bought there snapped in half changing the brake pads on a Micra, so I won't be shopping there again! Thanks guys!

I have the Halfords Pro, good tools for the money. Before i got mine i borrowed a friends and we broke a couple of things and just went back in and they swapped them then and there.

I have broken a few sockets etc back to halfords and some times I have had to wait for a month or so before I get the replacement very poor service at this store at least they changed yours straight away

I guess its all down to who serves you, as if you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

Only issues I have had is I was told they didn't have them in stock I have the halfords professional which has now been changed to the halfords advanced which is why the delay but waiting a month for replacements is taking the pi** weather or not people are buying the cheap tools from them. Still gotta love they tools

Hafords isn't an option for me, I live in The Western Isles (Island at the top left of Scotland on the weather - just look for the rain clouds!) Any other options? Snap-on's a bit out of my budget, although I'm sure they pay for themselves over the years.