DANNY`S MB2

civic-catch

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 1.4 is by far the most reliable engine. looks good mate. things id recommend to be getting on with. change the oil, gearbox fluid, clutch fluid brake fluid and power steering fluid. drain and refresh the coolant, change the fuel filter and treat any rust also change the pollen filter. take of the dizzy cap and clean all the terminals with sand paper then replace cap and i cover the gap with insulation tape if the gasket is missing. clean up the battery and also cover the fuse box next to the battery with a plastic bag as it can get damp in there causing starting problems. ive had a 1.4 for 3 years and its been the best car ive ever owned and only cost me £900

it has slight surface rust on the drivers wing i think but nothing bad. mum getting my timing belt kit and water pump for me over the wkend or the start of next week so should have that done asap just for my own peice of mind lol ! vectra wheels are slightly off from the centre bore like to be precise 0.4 of a mil difference which means i cant get spiggot rings as they dont do them for that slight difference. fella said it shouldnt really make a difference cause is such a slight difference. cant wait to start getting the ball rolling with this.

Good that its not gone on the sills/arches.

I would'v though .4mm would be ok providing the have conical seat for the nuts to go in and conical nuts (not ball seat oem honda). I think that should centre it up enough?

I have been in your situation before with the spiggots id say go to a tyre place and ask there advice. Reading and reading on forums just makes you paranoid and think your wheel will fly off at any time :lol: With peoples different views on spigots.