MG ZS Rear Trailing Arm bush

EmZvr

They are not known to fail on the ZS, in fact, I have never heard of this bush needing to be replaced on a ZS, so if its a genuine ZS part, I don't know what people are whining about.

I have of a pair of 90k bushes I removed, not because they were worn, but because I went spherical bearing for a track car, if anyone wants to inspect and tell the others that they look as good as new then they are welcome to. Derby.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is get a proper Honda or MG bush.

the cheap eBay ones fall apart within months. And there not exactly fun to change on a regular basis.

from what I gather tho MG bushes are really good quality. I know the ZS has avlot of poly bushes from the factory. Although they look like standard the material inside is poly.

when i got the mb1, it needed new rear trailing arm bush's for its mot, but within 6mth's they were both shot, so got some mg/rover (genuine) and fitted them, never had an issue with them for the rest of the time i owned the car

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to express my anger somewhere. Rimmerbros are such a d1cks :x We made an enquiry for 50 bushes and they said - Not a problem, we have more than enough. One week later we placed the order with 60 bushes and some other parts and suddenly They are out of bushes :shock: The reason, Xparts stopped making them and they sold the last of them.

Now 35 people are waiting and I'm well pi$$ed :evil:

xpart never made them, they simply bought all the old mgr stock after the collapse.

xpart have binned lots of very expensive items over the years, because stocking the parts costs more than the profit on the few they sold.

Likely the same with these bushes, they don't go wrong often at all, they must have had a shock to have 60 requested in one go.

This gets better :D Emailed rimmerbros by a newly created email and asked them if they had 30 bushes in stock and they said yes of course :shock: So we ended up making two orders to two seperate adresses.. This is unbelievable... banghead.gif1

Will let you know when someone tries the bushes.

• 2 weeks later...

To update this, they fit and they're 1:1 with Honda bushes (except for the thickered part at the edges). Here, they are cheaper even than the chinese cr*p so I deffinitely recommend them. A picture with mg zs bush and oem bush side to side:

cigS7_zpsf53bdf75.jpg

0b84f_zps7472cacc.jpg

5SPut_zps8a2c61a4.jpg

igmcp_zpsd44e1015.jpg

kHSoi_zps242a27f8.jpg