clutch/gearbox clunky with ABS light on too!

famousgrouse

2 days into the new year and problems already!

A brief bit of history, she has been serviced every 6-9k miles, likes a bit of oil when driven hard, front pads changed 4 months ago, gearbox bearings and clutch replaced less than 2 years ago.

Hopped in my MB6 today, its not been used for a few days over the festive period so was looking forward to a drive and all was well when it was parked. When engaging gear (releasing clutch) when starting off and then changing from 1st to 2nd it was very clunky, at normal (legal) speeds all is ok but travelling slow is horrible. When coming to my first stop at traffic lights, clutch fully depressed, the engine almost wanted to cut out. Then to top it off the ABS light comes on for the party! :-x Its never come on before... :cry:

Reading the advice on here I'm going to have to change the oil to start the troubleshooting off, also take loving care of the gearbox/clutch when driving, but is there any reason why the ABS sensor would get involved with a clutch/gearbox issue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

No^^

and may be slave cylinder leaking any oil in it and is it wet ?

my abs has come on too :evil: there is a service plug on these near ecu will have a go at reset and look at the sensors and rings for cracks ect.

Best bet for abs is to check what sensor and buy it second hand' I fitted one at the weekend and its worked and no more light :-D

^^^ I did the same so good when the light stays off