Rescuing the MC2. End of one chapter, sold.

Karjis

Some quick photo whoring while driving around. Too bad I didn't have camera with me, so pics with phone.. :?

New Pilkington windshield installed yesterday. A bit more bit brighter view to everything than from original windshield. But still good that first one lasted almost 15 years. :D Btw have you thought that even newest M:s are quite old. :cry:

DSC_0360p.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

Weather was nice, and I just don't get any good pics :D

Has the snow gone now then?

Yeap! Like you see in pics. It has been raining a bit and snow is gone. Spring is coming quickly and roads are dry. [smitten.gif]

Even during nights it stays above zero so in few days we might get some green colour to the scenery.

Have to get inspection done in two weeks. I'm a bit worried about HC emissions because deck is burning some oil. It has about 140k miles on clock so I'm not worried about the engine. Just should open it and hopefully sort it out with new rings. But I don't have time to do that in two weeks so I just need to hope that she passes with no problems. :roll:

At least I know that lights are okay, brakes are good and suspension shouldn't have any problems. Should pass.. previous owner only had issues with exhaust leaking. But that was sorted out first when I got the car.

Have the inspection soon so I removed the tinting foil from front windows. Haven't really liked those myself at anytime because there's some scratches.

Okay, foils were easy, just using sharp knife to start from upper edge and just pulled the film off. Okay it took 30seconds per window. But the glue!! It took me 2 hours to get windows clean again, trying with all stuffs. Got the windows clean with label remover and a rag and 90% Ethanol. I won't be removing any tintings if I don't have to. complain.gif1

Okay, this weekend was again car related.

On saturday:

Yearly check, passed with no official problems. Inspector just said that left foglight was aimed a bit too high.. aaand continued that small foglighs are so poor as light output that really doesn't matter where it is aimed, true :lol:

Yearly check results had nothing special

-Brakes worked like should, left / right difference was just 0,1kN on both axles.

-Emissions were okay. I was scared of HC because my deck is burning oil, but just 26ppm (limit 100) at 2500rpm.

-Lights were working

-And shock absorbers worked fine in shaking pad test. Only some difference in right/left in rear axle. But i figured that out. Left rear shock had quarter a turn more stiffer than right shock. (Koni's rebound adjustment)

-Also all bushings were in one piece, although I think rear LCA bush is quite done (too soft) but it's still in one piece so it's fine for inspection.

After succesfull inspection I had new motivation to change engine oil and filter.

oil.jpg

And after that I also bolted 20mm rear ARB in place where it belongs. Easy job with proper lift. New bolts and end links. Old end links were badly worn and bolts were rusty so I replaced them all. Just needs new bushings between body and bar itself.

arb.jpg

Today I also adjusted valve clearances and corrected Koni's adjustments. It has a bit less under steer now so it's way better to drive. [smitten.gif]

Okay, I was like a kid in a candy store when cutting tape and removing carboard, styrofoam etc.

Today was a good day, few bushes arrived from Rimmerbros! I hope to get rid of "glunk" driving into a pothole.

But that's not all! I also received new tailgate, upper spoiler bent in transport but it's fine in my current tailgate. Problem was just that my old tailgate is really rusty inside, and it is just annoingly expensive to paint again after repairing rust.

This one is rust free inside, only registration plate screw is rusty but it's no problem.

Here are my gifts to my deck today. [smitten.gif]

tailgateetc.jpg

Parts are now living at my balcony until I have time to put everything together and build one really good tailgate. [smash.gif]

Postman brought again some goodies! [smitten.gif][smitten.gif]

sflex.jpg

So, front and rear ARB bushes for almost all parts. Rear droplink bushes are brand new so I won't change those now.

Should install all these asap. [smash.gif]

• 1 month later...