Rescuing the MC2. End of one chapter, sold.

Karjis

Quick update again

- Footrest installed back where it belongs.

- Cup holder installed.

- Fog lights are now working with new bulbs. (Basic Philips Premium +30% H3 bulbs)

- Honda Access original wheel nuts installed.

- Thought about buying MG ZS, while cruising revved Honda to vtec, forgot the MG. WACK11111

During weekend I spent around 3 hours for changing left fog light bulb. Annoying project because basically I had to drill screws off to get light off from that metal frame, all screws were really rusty and didn't open even with soaking with CRC rust-off for whole night. And after that one screw of that bulb cover was seized really badly, it didn't open even with cutting the screw head off. I cut half of the corner off from that cover and after cutting I got it open with big screwdriver and hammer.. I have to say that fog light of M is tough, I used ridiculous amounts of force to open the lid, but all parts except the screws survived without any bigger damage. And all that work for lights I never use because those are useless. But okay, those are visible so it needs to work to pass inspection, another option would have been to cover the lenses, but it felt like ducktape fix :D

I also got cup holder to center armrest on Friday, I like it. I also got screws for mounting the footrest, much nicer to drive with footrest in place, don't know why previous owner had wanted to remove it and leaving hole to the carpet..

Pics coming later today!

And one sad thing.. I didn't install the airbox yet, I forgot to take all the mounting part with me when I drove to garage, so maybe next weekend :D

Because this thread is worthless without pics, there is some!

I think the least epic things to add, but still [smitten.gif]

Okay, kick panel has been kicked a lot, I'll try to restore it somehow next summer.

footrest.jpg

Okay "Installed" Took at least 5 seconds, I'll do the "Dave's mod" for the clip some day.

cupholder.jpg

And it's snowing again. And interior pics also show how dirty the interior is, I hate not having a garage :D

snowing.jpg

Okay, with good eyes new wheel nuts might show up shiny. At least something done this weekend. :geek:

And okay, VTEC won't leave unnoticed even now. the engine sound tune to quite metallic roar even now, at least it's having Blox intake manifold so no too many curves in intake to muffle the sound :P And as a teaser, now here where I'm sitting, I see carboard box which contains valve springs, cams and maybe even pistons and injectors ;)

- Thought about buying MG ZS, while cruising revved Honda to vtec, forgot the MG. WACK11111

Makes sense. :D:D

And okay, VTEC won't leave unnoticed even now. the engine sound tune to quite metallic roar even now, at least it's having Blox intake manifold so no too many curves in intake to muffle the sound :P And as a teaser, now here where I'm sitting, I see carboard box which contains valve springs, cams and maybe even pistons and injectors ;)

Oooh, very nice. 8-)

Today I was doing some small scale winter slalom. It was fun like always, but those winter tires just are completely dead, no grip at all. Okay bit more than with summer tires but not much, on ice those tires were useless.. :D But well, that lead to long slides in slow speed :D That track was quite much quicker earlier, but it was mostly just ice and loose snow when I got there. Sorry about camera rattle, it was canon ixus mounted to cell phone holder.. aand i forgot to turn the radio off :D

But, snow and ice [smitten.gif]

TtlOEyWGYKM

Speed are between 0 and 40kph, not fast, just fun :P

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, some pics about "new" part, something I have had lying around for a while, but I just haven't had all the parts yet. So new throttle cabel and bracket to install it on top of Blox manifold.

Fuel rail is there just for scale, but it's part of E85 conversion project going on silently in the backround :P

wireetc.jpg

Cable and bracket are belonging to LHD Integra Type-R (DC2), I only need throttle wire pulley from scrapyard from some civic, and some time.. [smash.gif]