Rescuing the MC2. End of one chapter, sold.

Karjis

Get on it chap, it didn't take me long to fit mine, and I didn't have the advantage of already having one fitted! 

the idiot that sold it to me couldnt get the droplinks off the car so have to wait until new ones arrive in the post first lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah took me half an hour to install rear ARB. And that included opening the threads with threading pin to get the arb mounts fitted to body. Easy job.

Got the poly bushes installed to rear and front arbs, sharper to drive now.

DSC_0419.jpg

Also tailgate with spoiler is now installed. It took couple of days because there was some corrosion inside next to keyhole. Also spoiler mounting holes had some markings that paint is not perfect so I also used some hammerite there to prevent rusting. A bit chipped spoiler is now glued to one piece, sanded, primed and painted with original color. All DIY so i'm proud of my work.  8-) 

I took short 600km roadtrip this weekend in wester archipelago. It was very nice but the car is too low now. I had small problems driving to ferries and off, some steps are just a bit high so need to drive slowly and a bit sideways.

But survived 8 ferry rides from island to island with no damage. :)

hondillac2.jpg

As next thing rear wiper should arrive next wednesday to local Honda dealer.

Also something different happening in next few days. Two next weeks are still summer holiday. So good time to spend in garage. :D

will be interesting to see how easy they are to fit i have got a mg arb but just havnt got round to fitting it to my mb

Actually, see the photo in my post from 12th of may. There are all bolts visible that needs to be touched when installing rear ARB. It was really nice and straightforward thing to do. Just remember that car has to be level when installing droplinks. And the best option is to tighten all the bolts when car has its weight on wheels so everything is aligned like it should be.

Something for next week.. :P

parts.jpg

And today, here in cold and snowy north.. or not. I'm melting outside.

Not funny anymore nyah.gif1

temp.jpg

Ooohh lego kit!  :smile:

Lego kit for ages 25 and up [smash.gif]

Forgot the ITR Pistons from the pic. I'm also having those for a bit higher compression ratio.

I'm not using the valves from that part pile, but I'm upgrading the springs. Valvetrain in pic is from B18C6. Rest are just for a bit bigger service, rings etc.. :)

Injectors are from Saab 9-3 SS (350cc) and fuel rail is already modified to house 14mm injector top seal so Saab (okay, Denso) injectors will fit.  

Actually, see the photo in my post from 12th of may. There are all bolts visible that needs to be touched when installing rear ARB. It was really nice and straightforward thing to do. Just remember that car has to be level when installing droplinks. And the best option is to tighten all the bolts when car has its weight on wheels so everything is aligned like it should be.

Something for next week.. :P

parts.jpg

thats a whole load of manly fun right there

Today I fixed the seat, drivers seat was worn from the edge of it. I sanded and recolored right side of backrest and both sides of the seat itself. Now it's somewhat good, although i should have used more filler to left side because it's not perfect yet. Maybe I'll redo it some day.

after.jpg

Another thing

350cc Injectors installed, with small adjustment of fuel pressure car now runs well with E85. Should reprogram the ecu to get pressure to stock so I'll get rid of the adjustable fuel presure regulator, hate it.

But okay now runs with E85! :)

Well, only one where I already used cleaning stuff so it already got some colour to broken parts.

All the chippings basically had no surface anymore at all, one place was almost wen't through.

before.jpg