Are 7j ET35 alloys too wide for mb3?

vtec2011

I got these TSW Stealth alloys and I had them on my Civic for a couple months.. They rub on the inner arch and bottom suspension arm when on full lock. I thought its because it got huge tyres on (205/65/15) So will lower profile tyres stop the rubbing or are the wheels too wide? I did look at the offsets on here but now I'm all confused! :lol: Any help will be great! Cheers... :D

Basically you need some spacers if you want to run those tyres- hold on here comes the maths, and I've only had one cup of tea this morning :?

A 6j rim is 150mm (for the purpose of this calculation- shsssh) so the distance from the rear rim to the mounting face is-

150/2= 75 + 45(stock offset)= 120mm

Your 7j rim is 175/2= 87.5 +35= 122.5. Doesn't seem too far off, so a 5mm spacer might sort it or go to 195/50/R15 tyres which will also save you a lot of money in fuel.

Cheers lads.. I want to get smaller tyres but the money isn't there for the moment :roll: So I might get 5mm spacers from Halfords which only cost 10 quid for two.. A bit too cheap but its only for part time until I get a set of decent tyres ;)

A 6j rim is 150mm (for the purpose of this calculation- shsssh) so the distance from the rear rim to the mounting face is-

150/2= 75 + 45(stock offset)= 120mm

Your 7j rim is 175/2= 87.5 +35= 122.5. Doesn't seem too far off, so a 5mm spacer might sort it or go to 195/50/R15 tyres which will also save you a lot of money in fuel.

I'm going to write this down as it will be handy.. Cheers mate :)

Worth a try- remember you'll be 5mm closer to the outer arch.

For anyone using that calc offset is measured from the centreline of the wheel and we're dealing with positive offsets which is why it's added.

[Disclaimer- all measurements and calculations are approximate and may not contain any accuracy whatsoever!]

Cool thanks for the input. As for my Civic not been lowered, it shouldn't be much of a problem when the wheels poke out more. Problem is when I put the alloys back on with those tyres, its going to effect the speed and fuel economy. I noticed a huge difference when I fitted the original steelies with 175/60/14 tyres on, felt soo much better!