B18 exhaust system poll

S4DAM

What set up do you think is best with B18?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What set up do you think is best with B18?

• 1. Manifold - Stock
    • 1. Manifold - 4 into 1
    • 1. Manifold - 4 into 2 into 1
    • 2. Cat - Stock
    • 2. Cat - Sports
    • 2. Cat - Decat
    • 3. Mid Section - Stock
    • 3. Mid Section - Custom S/S
    • 3. Mid Section - Aftermarket
    • 4. Backbox - Stock
    • 4. Backbox - Custom S/S
    • 4. Backbox - Aftermarket

Hey everyone,

I just want to gather some info on what the views are on exhaust systems set ups, what you have, what do you think is the best and why?

This may have been done a few times but just to refresh and let people bring their thoughts forward. Pro's and Con's, what to avoid and what works best in terms of money well spent.

Since we can break down the system into four different components, we can post from the following options on the poll;

1. Manifold ( Stock / 4into1 / 4into2into1 )

2. Cat ( Stock / Sports / De-cat )

3. Mid Section ( Stock / Custom Stainless Steel / Aftermarket )

4. BackBox ( Stock / Aftermarket / Custom )

It really depends what you want from your exhaust, how you drive etc., I have a 4-2-1 mani as it gives more torque and more mid range power, the 4-1 gives more power top end.

Same with the cat/decat really, a decat probably gives the most power but because of the MOT regs you need to put the cat back in to pass, not a difficult job but a pain in the a$$, especially if your MOT is in Jan like mine. A sports cat will pass an MOT so is a good compromise but expensive.

A custom system is the best option as it can be built to exact specification and is often cheaper than aftermarket systems which don't always fit straight on.

It really depends what you want from your exhaust, how you drive etc., I have a 4-2-1 mani as it gives more torque and more mid range power, the 4-1 gives more power top end.

Same with the cat/decat really, a decat probably gives the most power but because of the MOT regs you need to put the cat back in to pass, not a difficult job but a pain in the a$$, especially if your MOT is in Jan like mine. A sports cat will pass an MOT so is a good compromise but expensive.

A custom system is the best option as it can be built to exact specification and is often cheaper than aftermarket systems which don't always fit straight on.

Nail on the head! I used a 4-1 mani as i was doing alot of quarter mile racing so high revs but a 4-2-1 would be better for some B and A road bashing, as said sports cat if you can afford it and arnt very handy with the spanners, or decat if you know your friendly MOT tester.

btw htune have an offer on p-l-m 4-2-1 2.5inch short tube same-ish as tegiw****r/toda £299

>>and only 9 days left :|

^ wouldnt buy a packet of buttons from him as other members will agree!!!!!

O and to the snake on here that runs back to scott telling tales grow the f**k up! Its My oppinion which im aloud to have, funny how so many others share it!!!!

Nail on the head! I used a 4-1 mani as i was doing alot of quarter mile racing so high revs but a 4-2-1 would be better for some B and A road bashing, as said sports cat if you can afford it and arnt very handy with the spanners, or decat if you know your friendly MOT tester.

btw htune have an offer on p-l-m 4-2-1 2.5inch short tube same-ish as tegiw****r/toda £299

>>and only 9 days left :|

^ wouldnt buy a packet of buttons from him as other members will agree!!!!!

O and to the snake on here that runs back to scott telling tales grow the f**k up! Its My oppinion which im aloud to have, funny how so many others share it!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350562722174?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

£300 is bit of a stretch atm, theres this Japspeed 4 into 1, anyone have reviews on this , for £90 sounds like a bargain... :shock: is it a case of you pay for what you get which in most cases is.

I need to upgrade or weld the stock system by easter.... but budget is tight as fook... bad days... dreams>budget

I've got a jap speed 4-1, loud :mrgreen:

James had it before so it's good quality ;)

thats encouraging, with cat or without... and another Q (let me know if i get annoying i think im buzzing today, what on i dont know?) Does your system pop when u let go of the throttle or bouncing redline since the 4-1???

I've got a jap speed 4-1, loud :mrgreen:

James had it before so it's good quality ;)

thats encouraging, with cat or without... and another Q (let me know if i get annoying i think im buzzing today, what on i dont know?) Does your system pop when u let go of the throttle or bouncing redline since the 4-1???

ive got loud right now, had a few snaps, dont want any cackle but REALLY WANT POPPP (and some ponies)

WACK11111