Speed issues?

fridazadilak

Just watched the video, :o that does not sound or look good at all, watch some of the other vids on here or search youtube to see what it should be like.

Don't really know what could be the problem but start with the service and then have a look at the cat.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right...haven't managed to do the service yet but my mate from Honda just text saying the parts are there. My exhaust was sounding horrible on Wed night, rattling like a mofo. Just blasted up to Bristol and when I got on the open road...erm...closed track...I was stuck behind another car so sat at 6k for about 30 secs before overtaking. As I put my foot down it got to about 7k and then something shot through the exhaust, felt like a cork had popped out the tailpipe. The revs climbed a lot faster and more freely...and when I looked in my mirror there was a massive cloud of smoke covering the cars behind! I think the cat was collapsed and was restricting flow...and an Italian tune up caused it to sh!t it's guts out!

I also topped the oil up and it now does this quite easily:

IMG_20130202_092518_zps160207cb.jpg

It's not in great health but it's better than it was.

i was actually thinking then my car goes past the 120 quite quickliy if i rev up to between 8200-8600 in evry gear but if i say only get to 7k in third then 4th will become very slow and it will seem to strgle to go past 100, so basically just keep your foot planted till you hear that limiter tap :D

i was actually thinking then my car goes past the 120 quite quickliy if i rev up to between 8200-8600 in evry gear but if i say only get to 7k in third then 4th will become very slow and it will seem to strgle to go past 100, so basically just keep your foot planted till you hear that limiter tap :D

That's how you drive VTEC Honda's :D