IABs andd VTEC Query.

RobE84

Thanks guys... only engine mods on this is a tenzo r air intake. What I cant understand was IABs was working last time I drove it hard. HAve my service kit. What oil do you guys use. Was thinking castrol but heard some bad rumours... bearing in mind this service will probably see 2.5 - 3k km across europe at high revs....

Thanks guys... only engine mods on this is a tenzo r air intake. What I cant understand was IABs was working last time I drove it hard. HAve my service kit. What oil do you guys use. Was thinking castrol but heard some bad rumours... bearing in mind this service will probably see 2.5 - 3k km across europe at high revs....

Is the tenzo long arm or short, have you tried cleaning it. :?:

Oil wise use the best you can afford but magnatec is fine that's what I've used a couple of times now and it's perfectly happy. :)

Pulling the vacume hose of the iabs wont realy do any thing, apart from maybe make it run lean, pointless unless you alter the map to suit the iab delete, you rill only make the same power as the fueling is set to increase at 5800 when the iabs open,

If you want a bigger "kick" or noticable change at 4.5k put a 4-1 mani on! Massive noise difference!

i can vouch for this ive ran my car with iabs on and off a few different times, now vtec note is very aggressive and loud when the iabs of open all the time, but if its wet and i my foot down in second it hit the vtec no pull just loud noise and then around 6k when the iabs would be fully open my engine goes sick and spins the wheels up to death. so in short if your gunna delete your iabs then you just gotta keep you revs above 6k easy :)

Pulling the vacume hose of the iabs wont realy do any thing, apart from maybe make it run lean, pointless unless you alter the map to suit the iab delete, you rill only make the same power as the fueling is set to increase at 5800 when the iabs open,

If you want a bigger "kick" or noticable change at 4.5k put a 4-1 mani on! Massive noise difference!

i can vouch for this ive ran my car with iabs on and off a few different times, now vtec note is very aggressive and loud when the iabs of open all the time, but if its wet and i my foot down in second it hit the vtec no pull just loud noise and then around 6k when the iabs would be fully open my engine goes sick and spins the wheels up to death. so in short if your gunna delete your iabs then you just gotta keep you revs above 6k easy :)

lol thats one way to look at it!

• 3 weeks later...

quick update, been out and checked IABs doesn't appear to be working... i have checked with engine on and off and the little lever on the base of the diaphram doesnt budge at all...

what creates the vacuum to operate this or how can i try force a signal to this to see if its electrical or mechanical fault???