rx7 engined ford fiesta............FRAME ARRIVED! !!

mcjacko1987

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit more done today. funny thing is it only took me 2 days to get it to where it is now but today spent half a day messing about with a bloody cv joint lol. strange how things can go like that.

anyways as above iv disconnected the driveshafts at the cv joint and removed the gearbox.

also removed the gear selectors fully from the car. had to push the fiesta out the garge and put a cover over and works on hold until this rotating frame is ready which should be any time soon :) so for rest of today been sanding and priming a focus rear bumper. nothing more to say really lol. pics....

gearbox out

20130212_113138_zps72540d8f.jpg

20130212_113150_zps8881b6dd.jpg

after a few hours........ the driveshaft out at the cv joints

20130212_135947_zps1b102780.jpg

and the gear linkages

20130212_122303_zps292234fe.jpg

and now its in hiding until the stand arrives......

20130212_163753_zps6b0e375d.jpg

and the focus bumper iv primed

20130212_162347_zpsbdf1b776.jpg

Seems a shame that Rex is going, doesn't look that rotten. :(

I thought that but one of the lads at work told me a story today of how it was when my boss got it. basically the only thing holding the car together was the seat rails, if u jumped in your seat to fast and heavy the car would have just snaped.. they did re-weld it all etc (I wasnt working there back then btw).

so it is all unsafe in a way anyways. a shame I know but at least the engine is being put to some use :). the roof on it is torn too and the interior is very well sat on lol. would be nice just to restore it all though but I think its to much beyond that now :(

Seems a shame that Rex is going, doesn't look that rotten. :(

I thought that but one of the lads at work told me a story today of how it was when my boss got it. basically the only thing holding the car together was the seat rails, if u jumped in your seat to fast and heavy the car would have just snaped.. they did re-weld it all etc (I wasnt working there back then btw).

so it is all unsafe in a way anyways. a shame I know but at least the engine is being put to some use :). the roof on it is torn too and the interior is very well sat on lol. would be nice just to restore it all though but I think its to much beyond that now :(

Shame, but at least it's heart is going to a new fun home!

yeah should be a lot more fun with thus going in it.

just hope the legs are strong enough to keep up with the lungs shall we say lol

Its now going to be the fabrication that's going to take the time, by the looks of it. The frame is a good idea and should save a lot of time and hassle!

yeah I imagine the next few steps are going to be big. things are going to have to be spot on so everything else fits and works as it should. we will soon get there. just hope the frame is there tomorrow and more can be done. as you can see though we will be doing other jobs whilst this is going on so progress may be slow now and then. think the target is for the spring/summer time no doubt.

im not 100% sure whats going on with the loom. still got the fiesta looms on the car and iv labled them up. would have thought it would be easier using the rx loom interior and engine. god knows yet but iv been told my boss has put engines in all sorts so its not like he doesnt know what hes doing :) even if its still a shed at the end we will atleast have it working...

frame arrived today. late after noon though so we only managed to fit the car on there. frame still needs a couple of bits done to it but it works :)

20130214_171350_zps8018239b.jpg

20130214_171423_zps3dc88a87.jpg

20130214_171443_zps0d9cd115.jpg

20130214_171513_zpsd7369092.jpg

take it for a spin they said....... itl be fun.....

20130214_171715_zpsfb1d9ffd.jpg

20130214_172130_zps46696680.jpg

20130214_173813_zpsb9300bc7.jpg

it was a bit of a test fit. but car can now be stripped easier underneath now. get wheels off and rear beam as it still weighs a bloody tone on the frame (quite hard to rotate). but it does work :) next step strip the rest of the fez n then start on the rx