Top Gearbox Mount Replacement

GreenVTi991

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning,

If you are referring to the large mount holding gearbox to body, this is fairly simple replacement.

I went to replace mine on the weekend but after removal, I found the replacement bush I had was the wrong bolt configuration.

There is 3 fixings going down into the gearbox. (Believe they were 17mm, Deep socket required.)

Due to restrictions to space around the fixings, I built up on extension bars and used a lever bar to crack the nuts of.

After these 3 are removed, its just the bolt going through the bracket on the body. Again this is a 17mm with a 19mm weld nut on the rear.

Undo this stud, remove and then "wiggle" the mount free.

Should take no more than 10min to remove, and the same in reverse.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Ok it's not the top gearbox mount, it's the front right torque mount. I've been to every part shop in my area and none of them can get one. I also went to local Honda main dealer and they can order me one for £85! Is there anywhere else I can get one from? I've seen one on eBay but it looks poor quality

Tegiwa sell them around £35.

I'm using them. Just look same quality as oem really. Easy enough to replace, two bolts holding bush to chassis leg. Three into gearbox. Then replace bush via big 19mm nut.

Put all back in reverse

erm. depends really. do you have any symptoms?

those silly front mounts do very little to actually support the engine.

soooo if you have excessive engine movement ie car bobs about low rpm, harsh gear changes etc. then most likely the rear mount on the subframe is shot.

if not then mounts are probably ok.

I ordered the tegiwa*k ones ended up returning them coz the quality was far from good I bought Avid ones but now regret that so looking to go Honda OEM 65 each aint cheap but the old ones lasted 100 thousand so must be half decent.