OEM headunit

Aero51

I've got an oem honda headunit and it doesnt play through the speakers, i can select the radio station but it just doesnt play even with volume on full and there is no static noise. I was wondering if anyone could tell me whats wrong or areas i can check out for problems. thanks

first things first. Check the settings that its not set to mute someware.

then take the headunit out and check the conditions of the cables. You will have red, yellow, and a few others which are the power. There will also be a bunch of coloured cables which are speaker cables which you can check to make sure they are connected.

It sounds like the problem is at the headunit end as its very unlikely all the speakers are unplugged

hmm this is so strange went out to have a look at the headunit for a mute buttom and couldnt find one then my dad says it randomly came on and started working all the way in to work then when he came back out of work, started the car up and it was broken again. its really weird

Sounds like a loose connection to me

x2, get the head unit out and take a look behind.

i know this is quite a noob question but how do you get the headunit out as it didnt seem to want to budge the last time i tried :?

you need to use the correct keys for the headunit

I think all pioneer ones are the same :?

I got mine out with Pioneer keys! But a small enough tea spoon handle will also do the same job! :lol:[smash.gif]

• 2 weeks later...

got the headunit out checked for any loose connections and there wasnt any unplugged it and put it back in, installed everything back in and ever tried a different aerial on the roof! but still nothing :( but when i turn the headunit off or on i can hear a small thud from the speakers which means it cant be a connection problem between the headunit and the speakers?