Rear trailing arm bush tool

maxedmini

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just noticed you're a new member from South Wales with an Aerodeck VTI!! Not many of us round here, where abouts are you?

Im in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan. If you're local would be good to meet up & help each other out maybe?

You need a press for this job. There are some suitable things on ebay for £60-odd, basically just a jack in a steel frame. It is possible to burn out the old rubber and then sawing through the steel outer; I've done this with small bushings with a blow torch and a bench vice, but getting the new big bush in straight without a press is tough.

i have done these bushes many times over the years on various models Honda/rover burning out is the easiest removal by far but replacing them is not that difficult can be done in place i made up a primitive tool for the job just a 2" wide 18" long round steel bar with a groove cut in one end just tap all round the bush till its in only takes about 20 min a side on a 2 post lift

i have done these bushes many times over the years on various models Honda/rover burning out is the easiest removal by far but replacing them is not that difficult can be done in place i made up a primitive tool for the job just a 2" wide 18" long round steel bar with a groove cut in one end just tap all round the bush till its in only takes about 20 min a side on a 2 post lift

do you want to do mine :roll: .... :lol::lol::lol:

8-) not a problem come through to glasgow i'll sort them out mate :!: just gotta do mine first found out today the o/s is feked :lol::lol:

8-) not a problem come through to glasgow i'll sort them out mate :!: just gotta do mine first found out today the o/s is feked :lol::lol:

:shock: i will hold you to that....... :lol::lol: yeah im only about 20mins from glasgow and tbh terrified to try the rta bushes myself but refuse to pay £150 quoted price for the job :lol:

:shock: dont have to burn out rta bushes they tap inwards with a [smash.gif] in mins

you might have to pm me a how to on fitting (must be 110% detailed with idiot notes and your number just incase :oops::oops: ).... :lol::lol: