Brand new MGZS shocks

matrix1

For those of you who have fitted the MGZS shocks, please can you advise whether the below would be ok? My understanding is that there were some sort of ride hight issues dependant on spring & damper markings? Will the below combination work? These are the complete assembly includingsprings. All help would be much appreciated, as my factory fitted ones are now amost 'dead' - leaking, horrible noises etc etc. The following is an extract from the conversation I've had with the ebay seller. The part numbers are from the Rimmer Bros site..

Hello, if you where buying shockabsorber on there own these numbers are correct, springs on front are blue white , and rears are blue white dot, these are genuine from factory and were production line units manufactured by Delphi bwi.

Thanks Ron.

- best_of_british_rover

Dear best_of_british_rover,

Front LH: RNB000370

Front RH: RNB000330

Rears LH & RH: RPD 000280

If you could confirm these part numbers on the dampers, I would be grateful.

Regards

The part no.s for the fronts look right, I can't remember the rears though. The problem with the springs is you will need to change the mg springs for MB ones either originals or lowering springs as long as they are specific to your car you should be fine. :)

Thanks mate.

So if I understand correctly, buy just the MG dampers and then fit the MB springs? Has anyone got this particular set up and how does it run? What drops are expected from this combo and how does the car feel?

Ideally would like to have had the Meister R's but funding, so....

on what combo bud standard or lowered spring...???? im using the zs180 shocks with eibach springs overall drop about -45mm but real firm....

x2 but my drop is -55mm and yes it's firm too. :)

Thankyou for all your replies. Having taken into consideration all the different variations and possibly issues with different setups, I have taken the easy option. Have ordered Meister r's. Thinking of doing/ fitting these myself, so any tips will be much appreciated.

Thankyou for all your replies. Having taken into consideration all the different variations and possibly issues with different setups, I have taken the easy option. Have ordered Meister r's. Thinking of doing/ fitting these myself, so any tips will be much appreciated.