Project standard

civicturbo79

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not yet mate , i ordered the paint last night . ill have it done by the end of next week . The lad that was having my car has now got money problems so i think the sale is off . So like i said in earlier post nothing is sold till you have the money in your hand :D . I will be putting her up for sale on here first next sat . then next sunday ebay and pistonheads as i cannot have her hanging around with the supra on the way . Rich.

No mate i have the money for the new one , The paint turned up today and me and my bro are working on matching the colour at the min as i want to paint the hole front end so the car is 100% mint . ill have it done by next sat and ill get it up for sale . Im sure she will sell the car still has alot of mods on it that and the paint work im hoping will sell it . Rich.

Well made a start today on getting the front end prep'd on the car for paint , Started by removing the number plate off the bonnet ,then removed the bonnet catchs and grill . Made a start on some of the stone chips on the bonnet , I also removed the turbo part of the sticker off thr rears doors :(:( .

projectpaintfront003.jpg

projectpaintfront002.jpg

projectpaintfront001.jpg

Rich.

Will have a have been really flat out the last couple of days to get the car prep'd and painted for the weekend so i can get it up for sale .

wednesday night a stopped after work and got the bumber of the car and stripped out .

projects2019.jpg

Then sanded the front end with 500 grit pads and red scotch'd up were i could not sand.

projects2018.jpg

projects2017.jpg

projects2016.jpg

Then i pre cleaned of the front end to see what it looked like .

projects2015.jpg

I then put some stopper in all the areas were the stone chips had been sanded out .

projects2014.jpg

Sanded that down with 320 grit and then 500 grit ,then my bro came back to work at 7.30 pm and got the car masked up in the oven why i carried on with sanding the bumper and the front spoiler .

He started with an acid etch primer.

projects2013.jpg

Then on to the bumper and spoiler started of with a coat of plastic primer.

projects2012.jpg

Then onto the high build primer on the front end and the bumber

projects2011.jpg

projects2010.jpg

Archived