inside boot release

fyfie5

my boot release lever just stopped working today all of a sudden, i can open the boot with the key fine but when i pull the lever from the drivers seat nothing happens and i checked that it was still pulling the cable when the boot was open, anybody had this before? if not what could be wrong?

thanks

my boot release lever just stopped working today all of a sudden, i can open the boot with the key fine but when i pull the lever from the drivers seat nothing happens and i checked that it was still pulling the cable when the boot was open, anybody had this before? if not what could be wrong?

thanks

and was it :?: if yes, I can only imagine it's stretched so not enough force to disengage the latch.

thanks

and was it :?: if yes, I can only imagine it's stretched so not enough force to disengage the latch.

yeah it was still pulling at the other end. will i need a new cable?

I would try getting someone else to try it while you're in the boot with the trim off to see what's happening.

good idea, if i can get the trim off without snapping it

I would try getting someone else to try it while you're in the boot with the trim off to see what's happening.

good idea, if i can get the trim off without snapping it

Last time I took of my boot trim it was bloody Sharpe and wants to cut your hands off!

Hmm strange went to us the switch today and it's fully working again :? either the wd40 set in over night or it was just a fluke that it wasn't working yesterday.