MG Anti Roll Bar Bushes and fitting

Hondamad1988

Finally got round to fitting MG ZS shocks and springs, my days what a difference!!!!

Looked at fitting the rear arb but didnt have time to find some M10 nuts and bolts, the roll bar bushes look cracked and need replacing before fitting.

Does anyone know where to get the rear bar bushes for a reasonable price?

Also most of the paint is flaking off the rear bar, there must be about a mm or 2 of paint on there coming off, if the paint is coming off where the bushes go on will the bushes then be too loose?

Can anyone recommend some paint to use to make the difference back up? or will the bush still be a tight fit?

Last one: can I use the MB6 L brackets? or do I have to use the MG ones's, the bolts going into chassis look like they want to stay there!

Finally got round to fitting MG ZS shocks and springs, my days what a difference!!!!

Looked at fitting the rear arb but didnt have time to find some M10 nuts and bolts, the roll bar bushes look cracked and need replacing before fitting.

Does anyone know where to get the rear bar bushes for a reasonable price?

Also most of the paint is flaking off the rear bar, there must be about a mm or 2 of paint on there coming off, if the paint is coming off where the bushes go on will the bushes then be too loose?

Can anyone recommend some paint to use to make the difference back up? or will the bush still be a tight fit?

Last one: can I use the MB6 L brackets? or do I have to use the MG ones's, the bolts going into chassis look like they want to stay there!

You have to use the mg brackets as the mg bar is thicker then oem one ;)

Rimmer bros. have bushes: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID003099

If the paint is flaking, you might as well rub it down and paint it. Use hammerite or similar and as Paul says yes, you do need to use the mg brackets, just spray plenty of wd40 and they should come off. :)

Cheers guys,ill be buying some hammerite for a job coming up soon so ill do roll bar at same time.

Rimmer Bros out of stock of the 20mm MG ZS bushes at the moment I'll drop them a message and see when there due in.

• 3 weeks later...

Just get all nuts and bolts from rimmer bros. All bolts as MG original parts are less than 5 pounds. Then those are new and 100% right fit. Those bolts with integrated washers can be a bit hard to find.

Ended up going polly from super flex, toook flakey paint of bar and given it a few coats, I took the links off and bushes out, and have now discovered I need one new link and all the link bushes for both sides, starting to be quite a pricey job!

Rover have stopped making bits!