engine oil

Nav

hey guys..

I need to change the engine oil on my VTI-S...I need some help in chosing the correct oil grade..

i just covered 88K miles...

i need some help on my blower in my car...its making some funny noise...well its working but even if blast it on full it dosent seem like its giving much air...

UPDATE: i just checked my oil level today and i dont have a single drop left on the oil checking stick...please help

Castrol Magnatec 10W40. is the best stuff for a n/a mb6 .

When was the last time you checked the oil the all use a bit dispite what people say . some more than others most mb6 owners i know use about a litre and month . if they do alot of short runs .

As for the heater blowers being weak that is a block pollen filter just behind the glovebox

Rich.

cheers mate..life saver..i do a lot of miles on the motor way..its only been 4 months and i already done 9K miles...

There you go then mate 9k in 4 months :shock: thats loads of miles, thats like 500 miles a week :shock: .

If you run it out of oil you will be looking at a new second hand engine as rebuilding an engine that has ran out of oil is big money .So it worth getting into the habbit of check the oil every week . Rich.

I usually use 5w-40 for extra protection during cold start ups.

I always use Motul fully synthetic as I find the engine hardly burns any oil, in 6000 miles only needed to top up less than a litre. Due for another change now have ordered this stuff from opieoils...

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-877-motul-8 ... hetic.aspx

Works well for me :D

cheers guys...now how often do you have to check the oil or top up...when i had my D14A8...i never had to top up oil at all..just when i do my yearly service...i did just over 26K on my D14 in a year..

y does my MB6 need a whole lot more..???

• 4 weeks later...

MB6's seem to be different, i guess it depends on how hard its life has been and how well its been looked after. There are members on here that top up a litre a month, i do the 6,000 miles/6 months service that we are supposed to so, and i never ever have to top up the oil, i guess ive just been really lucky on the engine side of things....shame the rest of the car was a shed when i got her!! :twisted::roll:

And I always use Castrol Magnatex 10w40, its only about £20 - £25 for 4 litres if you go somewhere like Asda or Tesco, why pay Halfords prices!! 8-) I'd nick it from work but the new hondas run on 0w30 :cry:

Archived