Increasing Power in D15z8

amoras

Cheers sleeper, that article was a cracking read. I'm just trying to locate a cheap 4-1 mani now. found cheap 4-2-1 on ebay, but not 4-1 :(

You could also pick up a T3/4 Turbo mani and get a system built with that patern.. Then if you ever went Turbo it would be a simple transition ;)

way outta my price range. I'll be saving a job like that for an MB6!

What engine is in the MB3 then?? 1.5 16v?

Could find a VTEC head and build a minime?? Minime Turbo.. 

10BC8RT.jpg

Cheers sleeper, that article was a cracking read. I'm just trying to locate a cheap 4-1 mani now. found cheap 4-2-1 on ebay, but not 4-1 :(

Why do you insist on 4-1 ? If you're after a cheap one it won't matter anyway.

Why do you insist on 4-1 ? If you're after a cheap one it won't matter anyway.

I think he's after Lower and Mid range power;

There are two different designs for a header. The 4-2-1 (or Tri-Y) and the 4-1. It is said that the 4-1 costs you low-end torque to give you more power up top. However, if you follow this link http://www.automotiveperforman....html you will see that some 4-1's have better low and mid then the 4-2-1.

BTW check your DM's Matt.

Cheap ebay headers are just copies of branded headers with no calculations done at all, so 4-1 or 4-2-1 it really doesn't matter. Saying that 4-1 is better than 4-2-1 is like saying blue cars are better than red. If we are talking about the same brand then maybe but almost every D series header has only one design. Actually I can't think of a brand that has 4-1 and 4-2-1 header for d-series. You can't say for example that the Comptech header 4-2-1 has worse lower and mid range power than any other brand 4-1 ? There are well designed headers and not-so well designed, that's it.

This is just my opinion. I will be happy to be proven otherwise.