Increasing Power in D15z8

amoras

Hi, guys, i have some budget to spend in my deck...

What you guys advise to get more hp from my d15z8 115hp engine?

I´m divided in mini me or put some exhaust manifold, vti throttle body, vti injectores, etc...

What do you guys think to be the best option?

block EGR(free) -> aftermarket exhaust manifold -> shorter gearbox (hybrid or d16z6/d16y8 or equivalent) -> bigger catback -> swapping cam and camgear from D16Y8/D16Z6 + chippable ECU + 240cc injectors + distributor from vtec engine -> DC2/Tegiwa/Mugen/Comptech airbox -> aftermarket cam and raising compression + aftermarket intake manifold or ITBs and so on -> .... -> Turbo/Swap

• 3 weeks later...

x2 to what Emil said :wink:   Sorry I have to hijack this thread but... I got a d16z6 inlet manifold for my MB3 ( D15Z8 ) and it's got throttle body, injectors, fuel rail and blocked egr valve. Its all from a D16Z6 engine. Is it worth fitting all this to my MB3? Will it go straight on mine? Thanks in advance  :smile:

The block of egr is just putting a block plate on egr valve? How about the wires and "vacuum\pipe line"? Should i keep them plug in?

Cheers

The simplest solution like you said - just putting a block plate would work and it's easiest. You can leave everything just hanging there.

x2 to what Emil said  :wink:   Sorry I have to hijack this thread but... I got a d16z6 inlet manifold for my MB3 ( D15Z8 ) and it's got throttle body, injectors, fuel rail and blocked egr valve. Its all from a D16Z6 engine. Is it worth fitting all this to my MB3? Will it go straight on mine? Thanks in advance   :smile:

Injectors are not suitable for our engines. TB I think is the same size. I have D16Z6 intake manifold on mine but the only way I can tell you what happened is by taking it on the dyno. D16Z6 intake is better than ours, you won't notice it but it's a step forwards so if you already have d16z6 intake, install it ;) Only the bracket that holds the gas wire should be modified. Mine is geto made like this:

P1120971.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply and info Emil! :grin: I have been searching all over the internet to see if I achieve anything from doing this swap. It just looks better and sounds better apparently... There should be a reason why Honda didn't put these inlet manifold on our D15Z8 in the first place but... oh well, I am just going to go ahead to do it haha. I will look into how to modify the throttle cable and bypassing the coolant hoses. Thanks again  :smile:

• 2 weeks later...