Could you tow on Coilovers adjusted to maximum

Guest jimbob738

Guest jimbob738

basically im selling my camper as I cant afford to fuel it anymore it guzzles diesel it actually frightens me on any journey so enough is enough.

I currently have my VTI-S mb6 running on dc2 shocks springs and LCA's handles really well but isn't practical for towing tbh so I was thinking of going coilovers for the adjustment factor and no its not a caravan its a 550kg trailer tent I have seen fiestas pulling them so im pretty sure the civic would pi55 it with the correct sus setup was wondering if coilovers adjusted up would make for happy towing???????

Is that one of those jobbies that look like half a caravan with a tent that folds out the top?

If so I don't see why it would be a problem as it's the same as a trailer?

Guest jimbob738

Tom good shout yeah I cant see it being far off just worries me that the rear ride height it low as is about level with top of the tyre to the arch so maybe pushing it a little?

Guest jimbob738

Is that one of those jobbies that look like half a caravan with a tent that folds out the top?

If so I don't see why it would be a problem as it's the same as a trailer?

nah that's a folding caravan this is a trailer tent they are slightly different and a lot lighter one of those is around 1100kgs unloaded the reason I bought this is coz its so light 550kgs maybe 650 full so thinking could tow it with pretty much anything with a tow bar.

Guest jimbob738

That's pi55ed on my strawberries the DC2 type r handbook reads the ITR is not suitable for towing atall its not recommended by Honda so I need options people please?

Guest jimbob738

I would have though that coilovers adjusted up would do the job I might get in touch with miester R see what their spin on it is?

you can easily raise and lower the ride height with coilovers, just remember the toe and of the rear wheels will change with the ride height, and by quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

towing on coilover's, it can't be any different to towing on standard suspension, just keep an eye on your rear axle weight, and also the loading of the trailer your towing, as many people I have seen have loaded the car full of holiday bit's, hooked the caravan up and chuck stuff in there with no thought to the weight there adding.

the dc2 won't be suitable for towing as it's a performance sports car, not a family hatchback, look at your handbook and chassis plate, the former will give you technical detail's on the vehicle towing ability, and also the max nose weight for the tow bar,

this is bloody important, as not enough nose weight on the tow bar will lift the arse of the car up and put it in to a jack knife and too much nose weight will lift the front of the car up and make it handle very badly.