Curse of wide boots

Jax

Considering replacing my 195/50 15 Honda rims and i'm thinking about 16's or 17's.

Trouble is every time I've fitted 205/40 17's to a car it ruins the way it drives, tram-lining like hell and going whichever direction it pleases.

Anyone else have experience of 205/40 17's on MB's or think 195/45 R16 is more than big enough without spoiling the drive

I have 195/45/16's on mine, it used to tramline a bit but the coilovers have sorted that. IMO 16's are the perfect size for an M. :)

Having said that, if, according to your thread on mgzs kit, you're not going too low the 17's will fill the arches perfectly, have a look at Tom's deck, he's just changed from 45 to 40 profile 17's.

• Like 1

Thanks bud, should accommodate 17's fine, just worried that stepping into 205 territory is going to spoil the way it reacts to the road surfaces

Am running 205/40/17 and she used to tramline really really bad  i recently replaced my tie rod ends (track rod ends) and she does not tramline at all now. i have total oem suspention at the mo