Those pesky handbrake console screws :(

Roylewaa

Went to the scrappy today and nabbed a armrest console from a Rover 45, came out super easy as we all know Rover at least had the sense to use 10mm bolts

Honda on the other hand use screws, anyway I set to trying to remove them, both started to turn then they went tight and I've ended up rounding them both off and they won't budge

At this stage I decided to break off the old console as it was going in the bin anyway, and tried to get them out with molegrips however mine are useless and just keep slipping off

So, do I buy or borrow a better set of molegrips and try again, or do I just drill them out?

If so what would be the best drill bit to use?

Thanks in advance:)

Get underneath the car with a hair dryer/hot air gun/blowtorch and a wire brush maybe even just a wire brush if your lucky and then proceed to remove The underseal from the screws for the armrests it's above your exhaust should be able to take the exhaust rubbers off and drop the exhaust down enought to get into it if you've got big hand like me :)

Sorted now, brayed a socket on the screw head, long extension and they both came out with ease slowly and gently with the ratchet

Worked a treat, refitted the console using the Rover 10mm bolts with loads of grease on the threads