Power Steering box. Problem?

David gp

The power steering gear of a MB6 are the same of a EK/EG? I'm looking for the screw to its regulation and can not find it... 

I think there is a problem and do not know where it comes from. To reach the 50/60 MPH direction seems to float and when passing or changing lanes the car makes strange movements. 

In a EG forum I found this, but in the steering box of my MB6 I haven't found that screw

http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=19324

Sorry for my english mates, im from Spain :)

Thanks!

I think your on about the steering torque screw on the back of the rack.... Has a hexagonal recess in the middle of it. These have to be set to Hondas spec. Unlikely it would move though,unless the racks been replaced or fiddled with!

I'm guessing you've checked the usual?

Tyre pressures correct

Shocks aren't leaking

Anti roll bar all fine

Unfortunately the rack guide pin can't be adjusted on mb civics. Eg dc2 can. Not sure about ek.

If it wasn't set right there would be some slop in the steering wheel side to side.

It most likely something simple as mentioned. Odd tyres, bad pressures, wheel alignment, bad shock,

One other thing the inner joint on the rack can get worn. Again pretty sure you can't replace them on mb civic, as they dont unscrew like normal inner rod end.