Poor idle and eml

Roylewaa

Think it's defo the iacv, it was idling at neirly 2k just before there and I tapped the iacv with the back of a screwdriver and immediately the idle returned to normal, and when I blipped the throte was idling at 300, tapped again and it went up to 750

Eric the car guy is awesome for that tip :)

It does sound like a IAC valve fault but you'd need a code reader that displays a data list to confirm. The only other thing I could suggest would be re-setting the idle learn value. To do this, get the car warm (radiator fans cut in) turn it off, disconnect the battery for 10 mins. Then reconnect the battery,restart the car and let it idle for 10 mins without touching the throttle at all and ensuring everything is off. This will relearn your base idle :)

It's a long shot and prob won't work but its something you can try that won't cost you anything ;)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sprayed all the vac lines but there was no change in engine note

Where is the iacv on the 1.4? I had a quick look but couldn't see it :/

IAC valve is on back of the throttle body bolted to the inlet manifold,has 2 coolant pipes going to it from underneath. You can remove them and clean them with brake cleaner. The valve it's self has a filter in it that can get sooted up so try cleaning before you buy a new one :)