The "Grandad Mobile" MC2

lwal4152

nice :) no coilovers then? the cupholders are hard to come by nowa days so hopefully they got one :)

Definatly gonna get a cupholder, but i think it's gonna be more worth my while to just hit it straight away with coilovers tbh :)

Anybody got any ideas to weather or not the EK rear ARB fits the MC2/MB6 cause i've got a freshly powdercoated one in my shed :/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, much appreciated :)

After speaking to a new starter at work on thursday, he mentioned him and a few friends are owners of a decent sized MG club, he himself has got 3 MG ZT V8's (very rare) an they just so happen to break MG's too, so i thought i'd ask the question, "Can you get me a rear ARB & a cup holder" ;)

He's gonna have a look for me and see what he can do :D

I did also ask about suspension set up an he said they've just had an ZS180 in, gonna check with him tomorrow and see what he says :)

Onto a winner ;)

Sounds like a good chap to know.  :D

If you can afford to go for coilovers, definitely do it, MGZS180 is a great upgrade but coilovers are a world away. :)

I don't think EK fits, different mountings.

• 2 weeks later...

On tuesday my new insurance policy started, got a stupidly cheap quote (for me anyway) through Skyinsurance.co.uk they suprised me quite a lot with the quote of £74 a month, loads better than my £140 a month last year, i'd advise to try for quotes if people are after insurance ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I did say it would be a slow build & it really is, been working on the EK even tho i got let dowb at the weekend by someone so i drove it round the yard like a d**k & realised i missed it :/

So so sad lol but it has to go!!

The only thing the MC2 has had is a new drivers side track end & the tracking done, then to find that there's what looks like a major leak coming out the steering rack :(

Not what i was expecting but i'm taking the car to Honda Tamworth on friday afternoon so hopefully it should be summat small or nothing at all, got my fingers crossed !!!

You might be best to just get another rack for it bud, I managed to get one for £40 earlier this year, it's a big job to change but if you go to Honda they will probably charge you an awful lot of money to tell you you need a new one and around £500 for a genuine one iirc. :sad:

Confusing me a little bit now, checked my oil and it's gone pretty low even tho i only topped it up 2 days ago :S

Beginning to think it may well be an engine leak or something now, just gonna have to wait to tomorrow & see if it's gonna cost me to much to sort it -.-