Check ignition timing

feck_on_a_stick

I'm heading to a friends over the weekend to check the timing on my VTI-S and I'm just wondering how many degrees I need to be ideally at? 

Also, I believe there are Integra Type R cams added by the previous owner, but haven't yet confirmed this.  If this is the case, will this affect the timing figure that I should ideally be seeing?

The distributor had been marked with a pen and looks to have been adjusted as the markings are not currently lining up (only millimetres out) so I'm not sure if this has intentionally been moved or not since the cams were replaced.

Possibly stupid questions, but first time looking in to this ignition timing malarky :oops:

The ecu compensates for small indifferences. So I would set it as normal. I believe its 16+/-2 degrees from tdc.

There are marks on the pulley at tdc, 14,16 and 18 degrees. So its all there for you. The timing mark on the cambelt cover is quite obvious. Ridge sticking out near the pulley.

make sure when you adjust it put a bit of wire between the two pins of diagnostic port. You will get an engine management light on but this will stop the ecu from trying to correct advance or retard the ignition timing thus allowing you to set the base ignition timing.

• Like 2