Honda 2.2 CDTi Engine

joelufc20

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine and my miss's car is the civic 2.2 ctdi.... Hondas Diesel engines are superb if looked after. Yes they have timing chain issues but these are only ever caused by allowing the oil level to drop below minimum. They also do suffer with fuel pressure issues but again this is only ever caused by the car being misfueld in its life.

The only genuine fault in Hondas design was with the exhaust manifolds which tend to crack at around 100k. Bout a £600 job (from dealer) to fix but Honda did brng out a bulletin which would cover some models up to 7 years old with milages up to 120k if they have full dealer service history :).... Any info u want to know on them let me know

I been reading up on the DPF seems can be a real big problem and needs replacing at 100k costing over 1k this is really putting me off one

Only the 09 new shape onwards have DPF filters, they are the I-DTEC engines. All CTDI engine are non DPF ;)