1.8 VTi bad snow drivability

E=MC2

That wasnt handbrake turn, that was slow turn helped with handbrake :D. Thinner tires are ofcorse recomended wor snow and ice, but i must keep good dry road handling, so tire must stay 195mm wide. But i know heavier cars with wider tires and normal diff that moves much better than me. Speaking of surface is ice covered with snow, and it is dificult stuff to drive on, but i have this problem on meni varietes of snow surfaces, so this ice should be the main reason. I just feel that car should run better even on this surface.

@dr_broon - preassure is arround 2.4-2.5 bars, but i had little deflated tires last winter, and no difference.

Thank you guys for trying to help me but none of you dont have much snow expirience. If just any MB6/MC2 owner from northern europe saw this topic, i think that he could geve me a clue :)

That wasnt handbrake turn, that was slow turn helped with handbrake :D. Thinner tires are ofcorse recomended wor snow and ice, but i must keep good dry road handling, so tire must stay 195mm wide. But i know heavier cars with wider tires and normal diff that moves much better than me. Speaking of surface is ice covered with snow, and it is dificult stuff to drive on, but i have this problem on meni varietes of snow surfaces, so this ice should be the main reason. I just feel that car should run better even on this surface.

@dr_broon - preassure is arround 2.4-2.5 bars, but i had little deflated tires last winter, and no difference.

Thank you guys for trying to help me but none of you dont have much snow expirience. If just any MB6/MC2 owner from northern europe saw this topic, i think that he could geve me a clue :)

Yeah or even if you knew somebody local who's had experience with an M! Hopefully it's not causing you too many problems! 

There are no many M owners, especially VTi model :). At last, snow chains is requiered winter equipment, so i am not afraid of getting anywhere i want, but i would like not to put chains everywhere like i am driving summer tire :).

dr_broon and Krzys - i know, but i've done that to get good steering responce and lighter steering feel

• Like 1

might be worthwhile trying a lower pressure just to rule it out if nothing else.

I know when we got the wife's accord it had tyre pressures about that mark, and although the steering response was good it was awful in the wet... going to the recommended pressures helped a lot. :)

also, in your first post you mention weight in the back, are you carrying much in the boot?

No, just lpg tank instead of spare wheel, so no extra load, just aerodeck rear end :-). At sunday i will go for skiing again so i could try lower pressure, but i had deflated tires earlier, and as i remember, i didnt noticed any big difference.