Bens 2005 EP3 Type R

6N2 GTI 00

Hi Everyone,

I will be getting my hands on a Civc VTI MB6 in the next couple of weeks as my new daily motor (Just 52K miles) but in the mean time I thought I would show everyone what I currently use to get from A to B.

Owned this nearly 3 years now and bought it completely standard with just 28K miles, it's an early 2005 NHB EP3 Civic Type R. I bought it with the intention of just doing a few things but got a bit carried away (as we all do) but the modifications that are now on the car make it a completely different machine.

Lot's of bits have been changed in the last 12 months including exhausts, manifolds & intakes but everything has been done for the better and it's now the ideal track car or B-road hooligan. Not something you want to be taking on a long motorway journey but to be honest that can be said about them in standard form.

Anyway here is the current spec and few pictures :smile:

Engine/Performance - 256bhp & 174lbs ft of torque (236Nm)

- Custom Velocity Stack Intake (80mm) with HKS Mushroom Filter

- Solid Fabrications 3" Catback Exhaust

- PLM Race Exhaust Header (No Cat)

- RBC Intake Manifold (Ported to match throttle body)

- J's Racing 65mm throttle body with Tegiwa adapter plate

- TDI North Stage 1 Camshafts (stock valvetrain)

- 440cc RDX Acura/Honda Injectors

- O2 Simulator

- AEM Fuel Rail

- Hondata K100 management (mapped by Paul West at TDI North)

Transmission

- M Factory Helical Limited Slip Differential

- Spoon 5.10 Final Drive

- M Factory Carbon Lined Syncros (Gears 1-4)

- Syncrotech Carbon Lined Syncros (Gears 5-6)

- Exedy Stage 1 Clutch

- Exedy Lightened Flywheel

- NTN (Japan) Differential Bearings

- Powerflex Yellow Gearbox Mount

- M Factory Drain Plug

Suspension & Handling

- Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs (OEM Shock Absorbers)

- Eibach Front Camber Bolts

- Eibach Rear Adjustable Camber Arms

- Energy Engine Mount Inserts (Red)

- J's Racing Front Upper Strut Brace

- J's Racing Rear "C" Pillar Brace

- Progress Front 27mm Anti Roll Bar

- JDM Rear Anti Roll Bar including bushes

- Hard Race Front Drop Links

- Tegiwa Rear Control Arms (Silver)

- Tegiwa Tie Bar (Silver)

- Tegiwa Rear Lower Strut Brace

- ABP Motorsport Fast Road Setup (Geo)

Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

- OEM 17" Enkie Alloy Wheels Powder Coated White (with Carbon "H")

- 215/45/17 Michellin HP Primacy Tyres All Round
- Brembo OEM Front & Rear Discs
- Ferodo DS2500 Front Pads & EBC Yellow Stuff Rear Pads
- Tegiwa Brake Stopper

Exterior

- Pre-Facelift Red Rear Lights (Lexus style facelift lights removed)

- Pressed Number Plate

- Private Plate (K20 BEJ)

- 6000K HID Kit with Purple LED sidelights

- Honda/Mugen Plate Surrounds

- Matte Black Front Grill (Sprayed)

- Carbon "H" Honda Badge

Interior

- Mugen Foot Pedals

- JDM Red Access Mats (Front & Rear)

- JDM Coin Holder

- Team M Factory Gear Knob

- Stripped Rear - (No seats, door cards, spare wheel, plastic trim, seatbelts etc)

Engine Bay Bling

- Spoon K20 Cam Cover

- Spoon Reservoir Socks

- Mugen Oil Cap

- Mugen Radiator Cap

- Tegiwa Red Coolant Hoses

- Tegiwa Battery Tie

- Carbon Fibre Plug Cover

1469852_651598788195393_1852126225_n_zps

1236114_10151919449886015_1841707288_n_z

1239908_10151919438696015_1365297233_n_z

Picture561_zpsfd78eeea.jpg

Picture552_zpsacb707ab.jpg

Picture583_zpseca4c01f.jpg

14149_10151919432641015_40463355_n_zps60

Old Pic with Tegiwa Carbon Intake

Picture490_zps0500782a.jpg

SaturdayPic8JPG_zps2b1c2629.jpg

1239878_10151919444596015_1385182414_n_z

1173825_10151919450751015_2128672034_n_z

That's it for the time being, got some big plans for next year including a big brake kit, new seats and some engine goodies 8-)

Thanks for looking

Ben,

Looks like an awesome sleeper! Did the carbon syncro make a big difference to the feel?

Meister R coilovers would suit it well if the OEM shocks ever give up!

Awesome motor and set up though! 8-)

• Like 1

Awesome spec list and very tastefully modified too.

As above, coilovers would be a good next job, I've recently gone from eibach springs on mgzs shocks to meister r's and the difference is amazing.

• Like 1

Looks like an awesome sleeper! Did the carbon syncro make a big difference to the feel?

Meister R coilovers would suit it well if the OEM shocks ever give up!

Awesome motor and set up though! 8-)

Cheers buddy, much appreciated  :smile: the syncro's feel like the OE ones to be honest, slightly stiffer when first fitted but after a few hundred miles they bed in nicely. It's strange you mention the shocks because the offside rear is on it's way out so I will be looking for something else to replace that next year. Coilovers would be nice but I had them on my old motor and i'm not sure if I could live with them again (must be getting old).

Ideal replacement would be a set of Bilstein B6 or B8 shocks but they are pricey.

Certainly goes well though and suprises a lot of boosted cars :smile:

Awesome spec list and very tastefully modified too.

As above, coilovers would be a good next job, I've recently gone from eibach springs on mgzs shocks to meister r's and the difference is amazing.

Thanks mate, much appreciated :smile:

I think a good shock & spring setup would work well but I would have to invest in some bilsteins to get the most from it.

Coilovers would be nice but I have to be careful with the ride height because the 3" exhaust & PLM header sit very low, I haven't got much road clearance so I would have to be super careful with the ride height.

I think subtly is the key when it comes to modifying 8-)

Thanks mate, much appreciated :smile:

I think a good shock & spring setup would work well but I would have to invest in some bilsteins to get the most from it.

Coilovers would be nice but I have to be careful with the ride height because the 3" exhaust & PLM header sit very low, I haven't got much road clearance so I would have to be super careful with the ride height.

I think subtly is the key when it comes to modifying 8-)

Yeah, it's like where I like there's loads of speed bumps and the roads are pretty terrible on a good day!

But I'm also not the biggest fan of scraping the car every time I go near the road.

Nick's VTi-S is on the above mentioned Meister's and says they're pretty comfortable without going silly low! Worth a look at if nothing else dude! :)

I'll be looking at a set for mine some time next year 8-)

• Like 2

Very nice.

Yeah, it's like where I like there's loads of speed bumps and the roads are pretty terrible on a good day!

But I'm also not the biggest fan of scraping the car every time I go near the road.

Nick's VTi-S is on the above mentioned Meister's and says they're pretty comfortable without going silly low! Worth a look at if nothing else dude! :)

I'll be looking at a set for mine some time next year 8-)

Yeah that's exactly right, I live right in the sticks on farm lanes so the road surfaces are pretty poor to say the least, not to mention the mine field of pot holes that I have to avoid :sad: the standard suspension setup was really crashy so after fitting the eibach springs it has improved slightly. I also changed the tyres from 205/45's to 215/45's which has improved the ride quality too.

I will definitely have a look at the Meisters and see what the feedback is like, I guess if i'm using the MB6 everyday I can afford to sacrifice a little comfort in the EP3 :smile: just hope I can leave the MB6 alone because I do have a habit of modifying everything ^_^

Yeah that's exactly right, I live right in the sticks on farm lanes so the road surfaces are pretty poor to say the least, not to mention the mine field of pot holes that I have to avoid :sad: the standard suspension setup was really crashy so after fitting the eibach springs it has improved slightly. I also changed the tyres from 205/45's to 215/45's which has improved the ride quality too.

I will definitely have a look at the Meisters and see what the feedback is like, I guess if i'm using the MB6 everyday I can afford to sacrifice a little comfort in the EP3 :smile: just hope I can leave the MB6 alone because I do have a habit of modifying everything ^_^

There's been many cars that I've said I'd leave alone and then didn't :lol: 

The way I see it is you need to put at least a little stamp on them to say they're your own!

There's been many cars that I've said I'd leave alone and then didn't :lol:

The way I see it is you need to put at least a little stamp on them to say they're your own!

Haha :smile: it is difficult, the Honda scene especially with so many tuning options & conversions available

I will be good this time though, I want the MB6 to be clean, comfortable and quiet so no exhausts or intakes this time round

I agree though you do have to put your'e own stamp on cars to make them stand out from the rest 8-)

Yeah my biggest downfall comes in the form of exhausts and intakes then complaining about the noise, I have an idea but will need to do some research on it before I go buying stuff, when I went to test the car I'll be fetching this weekend the pee-shooter exhaust just looked so sh1t :lol: