Bens 2005 EP3 Type R

6N2 GTI 00

Yeah the height adjustability is what tempts me to go down that route but the discomfort and creaks/knocks are annoying at times, on the plus side the EP3/FN2 type r's are very harsh on the standard setup so switching to coilovers wouldn't be too drastic.

The next thing I need is a set of decent 4 pot brake calipers because mine is still on the standard brake setup just with DS2500 pads.

DC5 Brembo conversion would be nice or a set of Buddyclubs/Stoptechs.

I read a thread on the CTR owners forum about brake setups. A guy on there reckons that unless you're doing loads of track sessions the best setup would be the DS2500 pads all round, braided hoses and decent brake fluid, keeping the standard discs. Could be worth a punt as a cheap option to try before forking out on a 4-pot setup? 

I read a thread on the CTR owners forum about brake setups. A guy on there reckons that unless you're doing loads of track sessions the best setup would be the DS2500 pads all round, braided hoses and decent brake fluid, keeping the standard discs. Could be worth a punt as a cheap option to try before forking out on a 4-pot setup? 

Yeah I have read about that too and it is a good setup but with the extra power i'm running it's at a point now where it needs better stopping power. The current setup is fine for most circumstances but when you really go for it the brakes fade very quickly, gets up to speed a lot quicker than a stock CTR now so when you do need to brake I find myself brake harder and earlier. A set of 4 points would massively improve that it's just a shame that most sets a very expensive. A lot of people go for the 330mm Big brake kits but to be honest that's overkill for most setups, retaining the 300mm discs will be the plan and finding a set of calipers that will clear the stock rims (although a 5mm-8mm spacer wouldn't be too bad)

Yeah I have read about that too and it is a good setup but with the extra power i'm running it's at a point now where it needs better stopping power. The current setup is fine for most circumstances but when you really go for it the brakes fade very quickly, gets up to speed a lot quicker than a stock CTR now so when you do need to brake I find myself brake harder and earlier. A set of 4 points would massively improve that it's just a shame that most sets a very expensive. A lot of people go for the 330mm Big brake kits but to be honest that's overkill for most setups, retaining the 300mm discs will be the plan and finding a set of calipers that will clear the stock rims (although a 5mm-8mm spacer wouldn't be too bad)

I'd agree with your idea there, hopefully you'll find some calipers without selling too many body parts!