Scobby

simpo

Parkers says average of 31mpg, which is similar, it's probably better on a run than the M but the M is better on short trips so it evens out but it would depend how you use it.

Personally if I bought a non turbo impreza I'd always be thinking about why I didn't get a turbo.

I would be saying the reason I didn't get the turbo is because the 2l non turbo will be better on fuel loads cheaper on insurance, cheaper to fix lol

Had one for years and still own it yet don't run it anymore no tax or MOT - Was on 40k when I got mine and it currently sits at around 96K now engine still going strong but I think the gearbox was starting to develop an issue but in all honestly the car never failed to start first time every time no matter what. Look out for rust though killer as fook on these usual arches.

If serviced and looked after no issues at all be weary what engine you get though as the Sport parts are a lot dearer :s Think mines was an EJ201 engine and the difference in price compared to an EJ20 engine part was horrific I felt robbed lol suspension is easy sorted with aftermarket stuff much like everything else. Only things I kept breaking where lamda sensors and wheel bearings. Make sure there is no whines off the diff or anything either if there is don't get it diff and gearbox are matched parts so either one being f**ked you will need a new matching box and diff.

The AWD is awesome with the person behind the wheel and a few suspensions mods plus alignment you can keep up with standard wrx's on the twistys easily.

Fuel wise they aren't great depending on what one you get though my sport had a close ratio box with shorter gearing this is basically to compensate for the lack of turbo power :) Not sure what the other trims like the GL use but yeah short ratio box fuel wasn't the best by any means especially when you are booting it - The MB6 returns much better fuel economy if driven to do so.

Awesome cars though love mine was my daily before I got the MB6...oh well onwards and upwards :)

I would be saying the reason I didn't get the turbo is because the 2l non turbo will be better on fuel loads cheaper on insurance, cheaper to fix lol

Cheaper to insure dude but by no means cheaper to fix if the engine went pop you'd be better of selling up and buying a turbo 2000 and there is virtually no difference in fuel dude all my mates had turbo Scoobies and honestly the difference was minimal buy a Turbo if you can stretch it matey sports are good if your young and insurance is s**t like it was for me but if you can insure a Turbo for similar money do that as you cant get and decent power out the non turbo engine without charging it even then it isn't breath-taking.