Lots to do.....

JayLock

I am currently lug nut admiring but have come across a question, if you use lug nuts do you need to use the converters from tewiga? (can't remember the spelling) they ad states that if you have spacers you'd need them and if you have standard wheels due to the tapering? This must be right? Right? Or not?

While i am at it, you know those springs thatll either kill you or the handling, think Hubert had them on his deck, are the really that bad? They are soooo cheap, i know you'll say you get what you pay for but I found some panthers for 109.. Figure they would be as bad or good or whatever... What's the deal with these things? If i buy say seat ibiza coils why would they not fit say an Astra? There's more of this bilge so hold tight and keep your arms inside the deck...

While i am at it, you know those springs thatll either kill you or the handling, think Hubert had them on his deck, are the really that bad? They are soooo cheap, i know you'll say you get what you pay for but I found some panthers for 109.. Figure they would be as bad or good or whatever... What's the deal with these things? If i buy say seat ibiza coils why would they not fit say an Astra? There's more of this bilge so hold tight and keep your arms inside the deck...

Which are you talking about the cheapo coilover spring kits or panther lowering springs?

The coilover spring sets fit over your original shocks and will put them under strain and at risk of dislocation I believe. I would rather use lowering springs but I'd use ones I'd heard of.

Koni strt kits are available for £280 which is a better bet or MGZS 180 shocks can be found for around £80, they won't lower it much but they are a major improvement over standard and if you match them with some lowering springs they are a nice setup if a bit hard.

If you buy ibiza coils for an astra they won't fit because they will be a different design and the spring rates will be wrong.

• Like 1

Which are you talking about the cheapo coilover spring kits or panther lowering springs?

The coilover spring sets fit over your original shocks and will put them under strain and at risk of dislocation I believe. I would rather use lowering springs but I'd use ones I'd heard of.

Koni strt kits are available for £280 which is a better bet or MGZS 180 shocks can be found for around £80, they won't lower it much but they are a major improvement over standard and if you match them with some lowering springs they are a nice setup if a bit hard.

If you buy ibiza coils for an astra they won't fit because they will be a different design and the spring rates will be wrong.

very good, so for less than the cost of a three course meal i am supposed to be going to shortly, now i need a good excuse to get out of it...