Few issues with my mb6 :(

vti_786

mmm, not sure then mate without looking at it, i take it you have no engine management light on the dash? Yeah, there is a screw on your throttle body, but you cant just screw it in or out, you need to set it up correctly with the IACV unplugged etc etc. Im guessing a dealer would charge at least half an hour, probably more, (mine probably would as they dont give nothing away the tight gits!!), and we charge £82.50 + VAT an hour, so at least £50 minimum. :o But it doesn't sound like that anyway bud. Our dizzy's are known to be a bit pants, just a thought but it may be one of the sensors breaking down inside, (TDC/Crank position etc.) or the coil in the dizzy. Really not sure to be honest mate, i'll do a bit of reading and update if I find anything. In my 11 years at Honda I have never ever had to change anything on the throttle body, including the throttle position sensor etc. :?

no worries mate, appreciate the time, if you do find something about this, then let me know, i can live with it really but its just when i have someone sitting with me and i'm always trying to tell my mates that my car's better than theirs, lol, and then the juddering happens, they win the argument, lol.

when i replaced the throttle sensor i read that the idle has to be set at 0.5v and when the throttle is open it has to be 4.5v (i think) i set the wide open throttle voltage, but couldn't get to the nut after i reinstalled it, so i left it, but it hasn't affected it the way you have described the issue, so i guess its fine

how long has the misfire feel been going on?pos rotor arm starting to break down

check aerial seal foe water on to the sunvisors

there is some millers gear box oil that the scoob boys swear buy to sort crunching gears maybe worth a try.

hi jonny,

it's had the miss fire type issue from the day iv had it, for about 4 months.

the aerial seems fine, i think the rubber that seals the sunroof against the roof is a little weak and let more than normal water in, washed it today and it let a little water in.

i did change the gear oil and it was millers oil, but not sure which type would help, are there any additives that can help or are the additives just gimmicks, i can't afford a refurb or used gearbox at the moment anyway, need a job man, lol.

does anyone know how roughly a refurb on the gearbox will cost, 1st to 2nd is quite rough most of the times and going into 3rd is rough also, anyone know any refurb guys near yorkshire area?

also what is the best gearbox for the mb6, some people say integra boxes are good, any recommendations?

Hi Usman. The leak you describe is also another common problem on the M's. What to do is this. go to the side that is wet on the inside (if both sides are wet, do this for each side) and starting at the bottom of the windscreen pilar, pour water. Have someone inside the car whe you do this, and get them to keep checking the roof lining (where it was wet before) for signs of water. Continue up the pillar, slowly. It may take a fair bit for the leak to show itself. Keep going up till you reach the corner of the windscreen. If no water has leaked in, then look for where the windscreen trim (the corner peice youve just been pouring water on) joins the windscreen trim that goes across the top of the screen. Carefuly pour water from the join back towards the corner of the screen. If still no water is leaking in, continue across the top of the windscreen trim. Be careful not to get any around the sunroof, or the plastic drain chanels that are on the roof. Once you have been round the screen, if there still isnt any signs of the leak, then move to the plastic drain channels. Go to abpout where its in line with the gap between front door/back door, and again pour water slowly onto the channel, towards the windscreen.

If no leak is visable, then try round the sunroof.

It's a process of illimination, thats why you have to start at the bottom of the screen. Starting at the top, the water would cover all these areas in one go. It will be one of these areas for sure. My MA had the same problem, and it was the top left corner of the windscreen, where the side trim meets the section that goes across the screen. If youre patient, you'll find the leak mate ;)

If it does leak when going round the sunroof, then it will either be the sunroof seals, or the sunroof drain channels (a really common fault).

Hope this helps mate ;)8-)

hi dont know if yours is the 1.5ls with the eco drive?????does a green "eco" come up on the dash????my car sounds like yours.it some times takes a few seconds for the power to kick in????or your driving on the moter way at the same speed and its like you car is coughing just the weeeeee bit?????or its totally different and my car is acting up??????? :?

my car is different to yours shaft, mine is the mb6 1.8 vti.

the problem with mine is different, i know this as i had a 1.5 with the eco drive, mine was a vtec. the problem you have i had on that, never worked out what it was though, i changed the fuel pump thinking it was that, but no luck, just thought you should rule that out.

now thinking about it, what if it has to do with the eco drive or something, not sure what though, im no mechanic :( but seen as though mine was an eco drive and yours was too, maybe it is something to do with that.

sometimes mine used to lack power in first, so it was scary on roundabouts, lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived