Test driving a SORN'd car?

casasteve

Hey chaps.  I wondered if anyone can advise on this.  I'm looking at a car that is currently SORN but has MOT.  I believe it's with a dealer but it's not totally clear from the eBay ad.  Assuming it is, and he has dealer plates, can I test drive it?

I'm not sure how insurance works in that scenario?

From what I have been told, trade plates should allow you to test drive the car, as long as the dealer with you but they nearly always are!

I would ask the dealer. It can be a grey area.

Cars need to be test driven,,, I've made this mistake once before and ended up changing a clutch 2

Weeks later.

Emm Why is it SORN if it has a current mot.. If its a private sale this would make sense as they prob have to move it off the road but a dealer does not normally do this and/or they would chuck six months tax on and make more profit instead of

Oh yeah and his add reads like you turn up and pay the price and go straight away or dont bother...

Well i would advise that if your not sure about the car or the seller best bet is to hold your horses and another car will pop up soon and then you will have no regrets