MG Rear ARB on a MB6

Honda Paul

And this is why I love Civ5 :)

Ok so mine is the same as Nik and tom's. But yet the rear end of my car feels terrible when cornering at high speed. I thought it was due to the rear arb,specially as it only happens when the roll bar is at it's maximum torque.

I've read on some forums that you should replace the rear arb drop links with the ball joint type so it can flex more, apparently fitting the drop links that me Tom and nik have can cause the chassis to rupture/split where the arb bolts to the body work?? Any one shed light on this?

And this is why I love Civ5 :)

Ok so mine is the same as Nik and tom's. But yet the rear end of my car feels terrible when cornering at high speed. I thought it was due to the rear arb,specially as it only happens when the roll bar is at it's maximum torque.

I've read on some forums that you should replace the rear arb drop links with the ball joint type so it can flex more, apparently fitting the drop links that me Tom and nik have can cause the chassis to rupture/split where the arb bolts to the body work?? Any one shed light on this?

What's it doing?

Someone did have that. Can't think who off of the top of my head.

They just put some extra washers in or something.

I'm sure that was Naz (Weetec), I'll have a look later.

Possibly. I haven't noticed anything bad yet. Mines been on for a good few years now!

Could have been that the car that found it's chassis was damaged by the ARB was already rotten?

Part of today's effort was repositioning my ARB to match yours, much better to look at! Only driven it home so can't say if there's any difference! Will see tomorrow!

All I can find it is that you should make sure you put spacers on the lower part of the drop link so that it is at 90 degrees.

The issue I'm getting is during high speed cornering the rear end feels like it wants to go straight on, and before any one asks - no it's not oversteer. This a lot more unstable and makes the car very twitchy :(

After reading the comments I'd be suprised if it's the rear arb now, I may have to put the suspension set up back to standard and then see what's happens,I'm currently running adjustable camber front and rear and I'm hoping that it's something to do with that??

I had the whole car set up when I built it, so around 500 miles ago. It's never been right since then,as I said it's all adjustable and there are no standard setting for camber as on the normal model it's non adjustable so everything I've done has been abit trial and error :)