Headunit help

Robinho08

Hope you can help, having fixed the heater (thanks to this forum) my next job is the headunit issue, or lack of.

The car never came with any headunit, and the only cables hanging out were the blue, brown and green plus the aerial connection. Nice of the previous owner to butcher the cables rather than using an ISO kit.

Anyway my problem is, where are the rest of the cables? Are those the speak cables with the white connector? :roll:

Here's a pic if this helps:

14006213201_e9bf0dd545_z.jpgUntitled by boably1, on Flickr

White block is the iso connector, not sure what the other 3 are, best bet is to trace them back.

Cheers mate. I thought that, but because someone attached them together it through me off.

Bit strange about the other 3 are though. :|

Yeah the other 3 are odd, especially as the blue and brown are so well insulated, like I said only real way to find out is to follow them to see where they lead. :)

As Nick said, ISO goes onto the white connector. The other ones I have no idea so you'll have to trace them. Might be that there was an aftermarket system in the car before?

Maybe the car previously had one of those flip out DVD headunits. I hear they're supposed to know when you're in neutral with the handbrake up, so maybe it's that?

I owe the previous owner an apology, the ISO fitting kit was stuck behind right behind the dashboard. So the head unit is in now, all fine and dandy.

The green wire leads towards the hand brake, so I wonder if there was a flip TV/DVD player at some point.

Bit of a pointless thread now. Haha but thanks for the advice.

• Like 1