one full beam not working

spudley1988

Hey folks looking for a little input to relieve my stress lol. When I got my mb6 it had Bosch hid kit and the passenger full beam didn't work. The dipped beam just recently went so ordered a set of hid from hid4u and the same full beam doesn't work. Ive checked the fuse and they are fine is their anywhere else that could be causing an issue?

A little change here the passenger light is actually permanently on full beam, hoping this may help and someone may have a better idea than me why this is happening lol.

Sounds like a bad earth or a short somewhere. Check the wiring on the HID kit and the OEM bits mate. If one side is on full beam usually means there's a problem on the other side.

It's the passenger side that is on permanent. The kit I've got doesn't have a direct feed from the battery it just has an adapter which allows the standard plug to be used so in essence the kits a lot simpler and tidier. So what kind of area would I start to look at as wiring can confuse me a lot lol. Hoping the description of the kit makes it easier for people to hopefully identify and help me along a bit :)

Sounds similar to what I have, you have a bit that plugs in a bit like a wall plug with the three prongs on one side?

I would probably start there, just check for any obvious breaks in the wires.

Yea mate the bulb goes in as normal and wires come out the back of it with a 3 prong plug which goes into the socket that would have been attached to the back of a headlight normally. Going to get a lad from my work to hopefully voltmetre it if he has time and hopefully find some issue. Hate electrics :/